• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hw97k question

Still haven't made a purchase on my first air gun. Ended up buying a case of 7.62x39 instead! 

Anyways the more I keep learning about air guns the more stretch my budget to get a quality air gun. Pcp isn't too practical for me so springers and gas rams are my preference. 

Ive come across an hw97k in the black line package as close to local as I can get. About an hour and a half away. It's an under lever and I know many swear by the quality of the hw's in the short time I've been here. Does anybody have experience with this air gun? "Out of the box" not even broken in is what I've been told. Half decent scope but at at $250 could be a steal.

As always advice and recommendations appreciated 

I own an hw97 bl and it is still out of box. One word : it is a laser!!!!
At 20m i have to split cards in 2 since it is so easy to stack pellets on pellets (jsb exact rs 4.52 or jsb heavy) with 1 bag in the front.

At 50m it groups 1" easily and right now I struggle at 100m around 4".
I will install a vmach kit soon to achieve my goal at 100m -> 2".

It is always a pleasure to shoot this beautifull beast. I also own an fx gladiator mk2 in .25 and under 50m my hw97 achieve almost the same results.

You will not be disappointed with this one.

Legend, I just bought a HW97K off the yellow and it was in pristine condition. It is supposed to have a Vortec kit installed to tame the twang. I can tell you, sighting in off the bag and a concrete bench, it is finely accurate. I bought it to try shooting it in Springer WFTF class field target. I have been shooting my Styer at all the Grand Prix across the South East and might try springer class next year.
Now I won't say it compares to the Styer's accuracy, but for a untuned gun it is accurate enough to shoot in competitions.

I put a new Sightron SI 4-12x40 so I can shoot it at my club FT matches in hunter class. It is shooting at 13.32 FPE so I cannot shoot WFTF at 12 FPE limit until I order a new 12 FPE Vortec kit for it.

The Sightron is super clear and ranges well. The only problem for me is that is is not illuminated, a 1" tube, and has a AO parallax. I prefer a side focus....but it's a Sightron! 

I have the Sightron SIII 10-50X60 FT IR MOA field target model on my Styer and it Super. That is why I went with the smallers sightron. At $179.00 it is a deal compare to my big scope at $1249.00. I bought both of mine from Trenier Outdoors.. Jeff is a great guy to work with..... 

Oh yeah, at $250 grab it up!!! I paid $475.00 plus shipping used.....

"strikefast"Legend, I just bought a HW97K off the yellow and it was in pristine condition. It is supposed to have a Vortec kit installed to tame the twang. I can tell you, sighting in off the bag and a concrete bench, it is finely accurate. I bought it to try shooting it in Springer WFTF class field target. I have been shooting my Styer at all the Grand Prix across the South East and might try springer class next year.
Now I won't say it compares to the Styer's accuracy, but for a untuned gun it is accurate enough to shoot in competitions.

I put a new Sightron SI 4-12x40 so I can shoot it at my club FT matches in hunter class. It is shooting at 13.32 FPE so I cannot shoot WFTF at 12 FPE limit until I order a new 12 FPE Vortec kit for it.

The Sightron is super clear and ranges well. The only problem for me is that is is not illuminated, a 1" tube, and has a AO parallax. I prefer a side focus....but it's a Sightron! 

I have the Sightron SIII 10-50X60 FT IR MOA field target model on my Styer and it Super. That is why I went with the smallers sightron. At $179.00 it is a deal compare to my big scope at $1249.00. I bought both of mine from Trenier Outdoors.. Jeff is a great guy to work with..... 

Oh yeah, at $250 grab it up!!! I paid $475.00 plus shipping used.....
Sounds awesome. I'm headed his way tomorrow to check it out. I'll post feedback as soon as I can. Kinda skeptical someone would pay that much for an air gun then practically give it away. 

Wow if you are going g in person, you can hopefully try it out.

Don't get fooled by a good cleaning on the outside. Check the action if you can. Remember that if you cock it you MUST have a pellet in it to fire. Otherwise you can damage the gun dry firing.

Let us know how you make out. I always feel happy when someone can get a great deal. Especially myself....lol

Well the deal to me seemed to be a dud. No doubt it was hw97k but from what I've seen on the net the stock didn't match any of the models. Custom is understandable I throw kits on a lot of firearms. Shook it a bit heard some rattles and noticed the under lever felt a bit loose. For $250 could have been a deal but as a first purchase and not wanting to have a restoration project I decided to pass. 

When I asked about the "out of the box" claim he said he wanted to make something custom but lost time and interest. From my experience with firearms many try to do too much and mess up a good thing. Most likely the situation here. If I knew a bit more and been around this forum longer I would have picked it up and passed it to someone that likes to tinker. For me though too many red flags and not a good deal

"JoeWayneRhea"I've bought thru Krale before ...Great company and they ship quick . Last gun ordered on a Friday and had it in my hands the next Thur. And they sell many guns in two different power spring settings . And a few that aren't offered here .
There are at least one brand they won't ship to U.S. .But its not one im interested in so it didn't affect me .
Were the shipping prices decent? For the model I looked at I've seen 799 to 759. At around 300 less on the link as long as shipping wasnt over the top I wouldn't mind . At this point as long as it isn't pcp, I'm willing for quality

If you set up an account it will figure in shipping to your actual address. Remember to check shipping outside VAT it'll reduce price ...But price is in Euros not dollars . Once you get a total just google amount in euros to dollars .
Bear in mind total may be off a few dollars as Euro is constantly changing . The two guns I bought worked out to about 2/3 of what it would cost here .
Think about the sub 12ft lb version unless you need the extra power . Lower power equals less speed but also almost guaranteed more accuracy.