• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW97K Long .177

That's a very nice rifle you got there OP! I'm envious. ;)
Thank you. Sidebar to a discussion I saw a few weeks back on the K versus the long (which as we all know now is apparently the “K long”) ha! HW lists OAL for HW95 Luxus at 1075 mm and Krale has this gun at 1100 mm. So, including the barrel weight, less than an inch longer than the HW95. Noticed how small the difference was last night when I took the 95 out so I looked it up.

Reactions: crosman2016
For me anymore its getting to a i like it i buy it i shoot it i really like it . If its A good gun to you the specs dont really matter .. bit like this k thing or gold or silver trigger just seems what you know in what separates the guns before now seems to get blurred a tad.

In the end k long k short or gold or silver if its a solid shooter i dont care i guess

It's technically a Long barrel 97K because the cocking arm and release is the same length as the regular 97K. Only the Barrel is longer. Where as a 77, the barrel and cocking arm is longer than the ones on the 77K.

Gold triggers usually come on Weihrauch special edition and Luxus models.

20221209_130249.jpg

Huh! That's gotta be a strait up Canada thing!
Must be an import stamp for the crazy laws you guys deal with! Never have seen that before 🤔
I don’t know what that stamp has anything to do with laws. Doesn’t even make sense. My guns shoot all the same as yours. I’m just calling what I see on the wall.
7E90C10B-6DFF-4A72-A31C-8EEEFE0BE284.jpeg
. Thought I was helping. Crow

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Gold triggers usually come on Weihrauch special edition and Luxus models

Thought i showed they dont ? Aoa picture dont / silver ,, hw home site dont shows silver. Not saying they cant but just seems whatever part if hw silver or beeman gold comes down the line it's put in also i yet see a beeman "R" with a hw silver trigger .. so i figure hw is bumming beeman parts for there guns as necessary ( a genuine hw part shortage lol..). I dont know but seems funny.

Gold or silver its still the same trigger mechanically.. lol. Id still buy one no qualms..

Gold triggers usually come on Weihrauch special edition and Luxus models

Thought i showed they dont ? Aoa picture dont / silver ,, hw home site dont shows silver. Not saying they cant but just seems whatever part if hw silver or beeman gold comes down the line it's put in also i yet see a beeman "R" with a hw silver trigger .. so i figure hw is bumming beeman parts for there guns as necessary ( a genuine hw part shortage lol..). I dont know but seems funny.

Gold or silver its still the same trigger mechanically.. lol. Id still buy one no qualms..
Not new production but plenty of Beeman R(1) with "silver" triggers. Even the very special editions (Laser, FT etc.) don't have gold triggers.
332 R1 montage- double left side stamp, .25 carbine, .22 carbine Laserized, Laser MKI, Laser M...JPG

Mo-on you could be right, no real rhyme or reason to gold vs silver trigger. My 95 Luxus has silver trigger. Crowski, you were helping. Just poking Some fun at the Canadian air gun laws. And Kim’s lead foot LOL. It has to be some type of stamp for guns being exported to Canada though, why else would it be stamped CA? Interesting. Do your other HW barrels have similar? Believe some of our other barrels have a US etched into the barrel, but if it’s on the 97 I haven’t found it yet. Lewis got it through Krale, maybe that’s why?

Matter of fact, Mo-Ron didn’t you have a thread where you asked why the HW barrels were stamped US?

Reactions: crowski
I don’t know what that stamp has anything to do with laws. Doesn’t even make sense. My guns shoot all the same as yours. I’m just calling what I see on the wall. View attachment 320436. Thought I was helping. Crow
Holy cow Crow your collection is awesome!
All those guns have that CA20/21 stamp?
It has to be some kind of import marking.

Mo-on you could be right, no real rhyme or reason to gold vs silver trigger. My 95 Luxus has silver trigger. Crowski, you were helping. Just poking Some fun at the Canadian air gun laws. And Kim’s lead foot LOL. It has to be some type of stamp for guns being exported to Canada though, why else would it be stamped CA? Interesting. Do your other HW barrels have similar? Believe some of our other barrels have a US etched into the barrel, but if it’s on the 97 I haven’t found it yet. Lewis got it through Krale, maybe that’s why?

Matter of fact, Mo-Ron didn’t you have a thread where you asked why the HW barrels were stamped US?
Ya.. not me but there is one.

All i can come up with is the AoA hw guns . There the dealer/ service/ warranty / maybe main importer/distributor?

Then if the gun not stamped / stencil usa they dont service them under warranty or what not.
Also its the barrel thats stamped / stenciled not the guns receiver so if it was a usa power vs german/ uk / ca thing they would stamp the receiver not a easy swap barrel that has nothing to do with the guns power ( like the Pentagon "F" ) on the receiver of low power uk like guns .

Long story short..... I now think AoA is having there imported / distribution hw guns stamped with usa to be like proof that is there hw gun and falls under there "lifetime" warranty / service. As in we only service what we sell. Also if you buy a new / replacment barrel from them there not usa stamped then it falls under void if you diy... ( Go to AoA for a simple breech seal and read Aoa disclaimer on you self replacing just that). That can void there AoA wareenty .

Ive seen a lot of posted reasons but none add up to make sense and in my opinion now taking that in account i now think ( best guess) AoA does it to designate its there hw sold guns ...

Just like the triggers color who knows whats going on. To me it was beeman gold / hw silver , but that dont hold water it seems..

Crazy.🤤

Aoa hw breech seal disclaimer

*Special tooling is required to install. Service should be performed by a trained technician. Non-approved service will void factory warranty.

Last edited:

I thought I had it figured out. Checked them all. Probably stamped by Trudeau himself. If they were we’ll never be able to figure it.
All the 77’s and 97’s were stamped except this stainless.
34B6A725-C860-47D1-8E92-DF70E2269CED.jpeg

This 97 stainless is
04BF234D-3D3F-49F0-849A-1C4F878A2E28.jpeg

None of the 30’s,50’s, 85’s, R9’’s are stamped.
Here’s a 98 not stamped
EDE79EBA-CDC2-430F-8BA8-EF6796296E6A.jpeg

Here’s a 98 stamped
CAC5AD44-DF25-4551-896D-634BB67F137D.jpeg

Here’s a 80 no stamp
BC822D0C-704D-4AA7-A8BB-DFE884291023.jpeg

Here’s a 80 stamped
B1635467-1ECA-44E9-AFF9-AB68B4E0E4ED.jpeg

Now the only answer I can come up with is Trudeau.
Crow

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I thought I had it figured out. Checked them all. Probably stamped by Trudeau himself. If they were we’ll never be able to figure it.
All the 77’s and 97’s were stamped except this stainless. View attachment 320561
This 97 stainless is View attachment 320560
None of the 30’s,50’s, 85’s, R9’’s are stamped.
Here’s a 98 not stamped View attachment 320562
Here’s a 98 stamped View attachment 320563
Here’s a 80 no stampView attachment 320565
Here’s a 80 stamped View attachment 320564
Now the only answer I can come up with is Trudeau.
Crow
...lol...

Wonder if it is a warranty thing. Our 95 Luxus, 30S, and 50S we’re all bought from AoA and have USA stamped beneath barrel. The 97 Lewis bought from Krale doesn’t. I remember hearing a rumor that a few years back AoA was unhappy because a Canadian retailer was selling across the border and undercutting their prices. Dunno if that’s true, but maybe.

Wonder if it is a warranty thing. Our 95 Luxus, 30S, and 50S we’re all bought from AoA and have USA stamped beneath barrel. The 97 Lewis bought from Krale doesn’t. I remember hearing a rumor that a few years back AoA was unhappy because a Canadian retailer was selling across the border and undercutting their prices. Dunno if that’s true, but maybe.
I said somthing to that above 😉

With my business I was a Warranty Service for all the companies. What they compensate you for the work it is minimal but you keep,the customer happy and he’ll return. For my customers I had no problem with this practice. The problem was when someone did cross border shopping or bought somewhere else. I charged $25. Surcharge then the warranty was covered otherwise I refused to do work, not worth it, especially when that customer didn’t support you. It’s a viscous circle. Crow

Told you that story to tell you this. Mounted scope Friday. Zeroed windage at 10, moved back to 20. Gun shot 1”+ lower at 20 than 10. Huh? No way I was adjusting the reticle that far. Lewis ran some numbers in Chairgun to see where it ”should” have been, what was happening made no sense. Put on chrono yesterday. JSB 8.44 avg 886 FPS, spread of 4, SD of 2. JSB 10.34 avg. 785 FPS, spread of 3, SD of 1. Dang sure not the gun. Pulled off brand new Athlon scope and Sportsmatch 2 piece rings. Checked to make sure stop pin was flush, re-mounted with rear ring re-positioned which I’d planned on anyway. Same dang thing. Wasn’t getting consistency I was expecting and at one point when I checked to make sure I’d loaded the pellet just slid out. So, I tried the FTT. Boom, problem solved. They’re only about 1/4” below 20 yd zero at 10 yd. See what I get when I step out, Lewis’ numbers said should be about an inch lower at 10 vs 30.

Other than this gun just hating JSB pellets I’m at a loss to explain. Our other HW are great with JSB. If any experienced air gunners have other ideas I’m all ears.