• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW97K Long .177

Told you that story to tell you this. Mounted scope Friday. Zeroed windage at 10, moved back to 20. Gun shot 1”+ lower at 20 than 10. Huh? No way I was adjusting the reticle that far. Lewis ran some numbers in Chairgun to see where it ”should” have been, what was happening made no sense. Put on chrono yesterday. JSB 8.44 avg 886 FPS, spread of 4, SD of 2. JSB 10.34 avg. 785 FPS, spread of 3, SD of 1. Dang sure not the gun. Pulled off brand new Athlon scope and Sportsmatch 2 piece rings. Checked to make sure stop pin was flush, re-mounted with rear ring re-positioned which I’d planned on anyway. Same dang thing. Wasn’t getting consistency I was expecting and at one point when I checked to make sure I’d loaded the pellet just slid out. So, I tried the FTT. Boom, problem solved. They’re only about 1/4” below 20 yd zero at 10 yd. See what I get when I step out, Lewis’ numbers said should be about an inch lower at 10 vs 30.

Other than this gun just hating JSB pellets I’m at a loss to explain. Our other HW are great with JSB. If any experienced air gunners have other ideas I’m all ears.
NEVER worry or put too much stock in what any other gun does with ANY other pellet. ALWAYS test, test, test to see what YOUR gun likes best! It's the first, last and only deciding factor on what to use, the gun tells you!

Reactions: whyzee
NEVER worry or put too much stock in what any other gun does with ANY other pellet. ALWAYS test, test, test to see what YOUR gun likes best! It's the first, last and only deciding factor on what to use, the gun tells you!
Agree with that. But I’ve never had an air gun shoot lower at 20 than 10. Even HW30 is still climbing between 10 and 20. Just a strange thing, but no complaints about how it shot after switching to the H&N.

Agree with that. But I’ve never had an air gun shoot lower at 20 than 10. Even HW30 is still climbing between 10 and 20. Just a strange thing, but no complaints about how it shot after switching to the H&N.
I was focusing on your comment of "this gun just hating JSB pellets" & "our other HW are great with JSB"... I have had Kodiak pellets shoot higher than much lighter pellets at a given range and other weird things. I just move on and try to find the pellet that does what I want or need.

Ya.. not me but there is one.

All i can come up with is the AoA hw guns . There the dealer/ service/ warranty / maybe main importer/distributor?

Then if the gun not stamped / stencil usa they dont service them under warranty or what not.
Also its the barrel thats stamped / stenciled not the guns receiver so if it was a usa power vs german/ uk / ca thing they would stamp the receiver not a easy swap barrel that has nothing to do with the guns power ( like the Pentagon "F" ) on the receiver of low power uk like guns .

Long story short..... I now think AoA is having there imported / distribution hw guns stamped with usa to be like proof that is there hw gun and falls under there "lifetime" warranty / service. As in we only service what we sell. Also if you buy a new / replacment barrel from them there not usa stamped then it falls under void if you diy... ( Go to AoA for a simple breech seal and read Aoa disclaimer on you self replacing just that). That can void there AoA wareenty .

Ive seen a lot of posted reasons but none add up to make sense and in my opinion now taking that in account i now think ( best guess) AoA does it to designate its there hw sold guns ...

Just like the triggers color who knows whats going on. To me it was beeman gold / hw silver , but that dont hold water it seems..

Crazy.🤤

Aoa hw breech seal disclaimer

*Special tooling is required to install. Service should be performed by a trained technician. Non-approved service will void factory warranty.
All my rifles I got within the last two years +.
I started to do a spring change on a HW30 last nite and noticed the CA21 on the underside of the barrel. I bought this gun last January of 22. The CA is for the Canadian market. The 21 is the year of build. Crow

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
All my rifles I got within the last two years +.
I started to do a spring change on a HW30 last nite and noticed the CA21 on the underside of the barrel. I bought this gun last January of 22. The CA is for the Canadian market. The 21 is the year of build. Crow
Lol.. man today its a buy it and hope for the best.. its not like you put a usa barrel on it and magically it goes from can power limit to full usa.. ( im sure power limited places would like that if so ). I dont know. Crazy

I think that you think our guns are under powered compared to yours, mine are all the same as yours. You need a PAL to buy them. Any gun that shoots over 500 fps needs a PAL. Pistols is different, any pistol over 500 fps is restricted. That’s a separate licence, I don’t have.
Where we differ in the rifles is the silencers. Not even allowed to possess them here.
The Weihrauch’s are sold here in both “legal” and pal needed. Here’s an example of my choices.
5C2BFA59-A78A-445E-A90B-B52350584C59.jpeg
No moderators, just plain Jane. Could be worse. Crow

I think that you think our guns are under powered compared to yours, mine are all the same as yours. You need a PAL to buy them. Any gun that shoots over 500 fps needs a PAL. Pistols is different, any pistol over 500 fps is restricted. That’s a separate licence, I don’t have.
Where we differ in the rifles is the silencers. Not even allowed to possess them here.
The Weihrauch’s are sold here in both “legal” and pal needed. Here’s an example of my choices. View attachment 321531 No moderators, just plain Jane. Could be worse. Crow
True.. i see that in rifles but dont recall pistols with that choice (,pal or non pal power like a rifle ). I figure in 2 more years it will be worse here . We allow chipping away and concessions till there's nothing left but fancy written words on a old piece of paper. No one seems to see it happing . I guess why u.s.a now means u- you s- stupid a- Americans to the world..

Last edited:
Reactions: crowski
My TX200 zeroed at 10m is 2 in high at 20m. Normal . Bore is much lower than the line of sight at 10m. My buddies Tx is the same. Both .177 at 815fps, AA 8.44 Diabo Field pellets.