HW97K Long .177

Well, my initial Xmas present to myself was going to be a red lam 54 Air King Pro, but that was thwarted when it arrived with a broken stock. Started looking around for other guns I wanted and ended up getting two. This is the first, courtesy of our very own Lewis. Great guy to deal with. Had been thinking about either a TX200 or HW97 and he had this. BNIB and packed with Lewis’ legendary skills. Fortunately had the nice little Boker Kim gave me for Xmas in my pocket. Was too late to clean and fire it but shouldered it and liked the feel. OAL is actually less than my Diana 34 or Winchester 435/Diana 35. Looking forward to putting a scope on it and sending some pellets down range. Hopefully weather cooperates this weekend. Thanks again Lewis.

Edit: Do all the HW97Ks come with a gold trigger? All our other HW have silver triggers.

AF8DA2B9-E335-4DD5-99F4-6683D62A0606.jpeg

Look good..

Ya i thought the German beemans (r9-7,ect) had the gold and the hw guns were silver or nickle colored.. but not long ago this was asked like you and a few guys did show gold triggered hw's.

I guess there now just throwing in whats on hand at the time of assembly..

I thought that is what separates the 2 in the part for brand . Beeman gold and hw silver..

you have HW97K +long ? the K stands for a shorter barrel , just nit picking here 😎 nice rifle and could not have bought from a better person , wish everyone packaged like Louis .
That’s what I thought too. But, the box says 97K long barrel and the receiver is stamped 97K. Maybe there used to be a long, long version :p.

Reactions: Lewis
Well, my initial Xmas present to myself was going to be a red lam 54 Air King Pro, but that was thwarted when it arrived with a broken stock. Started looking around for other guns I wanted and ended up getting two. This is the first, courtesy of our very own Lewis. Great guy to deal with. Had been thinking about either a TX200 or HW97 and he had this. BNIB and packed with Lewis’ legendary skills. Fortunately had the nice little Boker Kim gave me for Xmas in my pocket. Was too late to clean and fire it but shouldered it and liked the feel. OAL is actually less than my Diana 34 or Winchester 435/Diana 35. Looking forward to putting a scope on it and sending some pellets down range. Hopefully weather cooperates this weekend. Thanks again Lewis.

Edit: Do all the HW97Ks come with a gold trigger? All our other HW have silver triggers.

View attachment 319942
No body packs as well as Lewis does.. nice snag. ..

Reactions: Lewis
Thanks guys. Very happy with it. At some point today I’m going to clean the barrel and at least put a pellet through it. See below. They must have come up with their nomenclature mid-Oktoberfest. Probably the same meeting at which they came up with the new stock designs ha!

Edit: What appears to be a scratch on the tube is in fact a Great Pyrenees hair ha ha ha. We got that dog end of August 2018. Xmas 2018 I bought a robot vacuum. You have no idea.

C958FA78-CA38-4F04-A10F-38B5F9BFB87F.jpeg

41DBE6F2-E239-42D2-91F8-397A18747FF9.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s what I thought too. But, the box says 97K long barrel and the receiver is stamped 97K. Maybe there used to be a long, long version :p.
Seems the "K" only holds meaning in the hw77 to designate shorter carbine length barrel..lol. Silver , gold, funky new stocks k means nothing on this but does on that . Seems it's a just throw somthing out there that could sell..lol what will they think up next?

( Not knocking your gun its still a sweet hw)

Seems the "K" only holds meaning in the hw77 to designate shorter carbine length barrel..lol. Silver , gold, funky new stocks k means nothing on this but does on that . Seems it's a just throw somthing out there that could sell..lol what will they think up next?

( Not knocking your gun its still a sweet hw)
No, I think that’s what it is. Release a small number every few years and have collectors Jonesing to get one. I wasn’t really looking for a long per se but this was a great gun and a good price. Heard from someone who always wanted a long and told him if he found me a KT in good shape we’d work a deal. He found a KT but ended up keeping it LOL. After shouldering this I think it’s going to suit me so glad it didn’t happen. I love shooting those 2 Dianas. If you’ve never shot a 34 it is a LONG gun. It’s up front in my safe because it won’t clear the shelf if moved to the back. See how this feels after the scope is mounted. It’s a beast. Little heavier than my 52L even I think.

Nice gun. Would definitely like a regular size barrel.
I think I have the answer. All my 97’s are k models, 3 have the gold trigger, which are all wood grain. Also 3-97’s have a silver trigger, on the laminate and stainless models.
The longer barrel on the 77’s is labeled a CA20 where the k is on the 77 and all the 97’s is a CA21. Crow

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Is the barrel stamped somewhere Crowski? Serial number on left side of mine but that’s all I see. Couldn’t resist, cleaned barrel and put 5 JSB 8.44 and 5 JSB 10.34 through it to feel shot cycle. Zero buzz, tiny bit of twang that I think is when the piston stops. Really nice. Kim took a shot and was impressed. Hopefully get scope mounted this evening so I can really try it out.