• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW97k .177

C4DC3904-9CE5-4E49-8F6E-AB77BFC624D8.1619845324.jpeg
Ordered a HW97K from AoA last week and it arrived late this afternoon. These are things of beauty that’s for sure. Only had time to do a quick cleaning on it , mount a scope and try a few different tins of pellets. This is by far the best looking and best shooting pellet gun I’ve ever owned. It definitely likes the Baracuda FT’s I tried in it. Shot almost all the pellets I tried pretty decent but the FT’s really shined.

The group below was shot at 25yds off front and rear bags. 

ADC4D61F-512A-439D-8DF5-80932B0E7DFD.1619845131.jpeg
54C5BC65-DF63-4951-B585-1527B0FB1551.1619845132.jpeg

once my other pellets come in and I get decent weather I’ll shoot them over the chrono and post pics of the groups.

Wow that's a great group. Really would like to see you shoot Ten Dimes if it does that regularly!

.232" the outside to outside and .055" CtoC! Stunning!

That is five shots too right?

GO SOONERS!

Temp 72

Hm 62%
wind 5mph-11mph anywhere from my 11:00 to 1:00ish. 
learned a few lessons on wind and .177 with 9.5gr pellets lol.

Wow! Yes, you did! Look at the last four bulls! and in that wind too! 

Then you had to hit me with the Oklahoma Eye Candy!?? That just ain't right. I may never get back home again at my age. Born in Fort Sill family is from Waynoka/Alva. Almost all gone now.

The only thing left of the old homestead is a wind mill. Family settled during the land rush.

I received my HW97kt this afternoon. I had prepared a Hawke 4-16 airmax compact in a Sportsmatch Dampa mount so threw it on and went outside to shoot. Initially I was about 3" low, but had enough adjustment to punch the center out of a target at about 15 yards. It's a 177 cal an I tried some longer probably about a 40 yard shot at a swinger, made for 22 and could not really tell any movement or sound. I do have the factory moderator so the gun is rather quiet. I at this point with about 20 shots through it will give it the benefit of doubt at the longer range, Weather is bright sunshine, but very strong gusty wind, as we are between two sever storm events, had a lot of thunder/lightning yestarday afternoon along with about 4.5 inches of rain and right now humitity is streaming in off the Gulf and a strong storm front is forecast for tonight with another 4-6 inches of rain, not ideal shooting conditiions. Considering how low it shot with the scope at factory settings, later this week I may try one layer of soda can in the bottom of the rear ring to see if it brings my poi up and allows me to center the horizontal crosshair a little better.

For the few shots I fired I was rather pleased with the accuracy. The thumbhole stock gives a feel somewhat like the grip on my AR 15 type rifles.