HW97 Going Long

That's impressive accuracy man, what better way to unwind and get some enjoyable trigger time. I just bought a new .177 HW97 STL thumbhole, haven't mounted my scope yet, trying to shoot several tins just to break her in, I expect great accuracy once it settles down, hopefully it will rival my AA ProSport...

Throw a scope on and start enjoying it! Accuracy should be there now, will get better when she settles in and the “twang” softens up. I can’t compare to a pro sport seeing I don’t have one (lefties aren’t available yet) but my .177 HW97 is as good if not slightly better than my .177 MK2 TX200

Thanks all, for the nice responses.

Sean, I now own four 97's, in .177, .20, and .22. All are a dream to cock and shoot. Having said that, I don't think you will ever get to the results I and others are achieving just by shooting lots of pellets through the factory set-up. Some like the JM spring kits. I find the Vortek PG4 kit with the steel exterior guide and the internal guides instantly smooths these rifles out to a point you will never achieve by shooting the factory set-up only. And for the minor investment in the tuning kit and seal, you don't have to spend lots of money just sending pellets down range attempting to get the results in my opinion you will never achieve. You will be able to achieve good accuracy, just not great accuracy and consistency.

Just for what it is worth.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.