HW/Weihrauch Hw97 blue scope mount

I'm with you on that one, but I was informed that it referes to anything that makes a gun shoot low when the scope is centered.
I think each cause should have its own name myself. Droop has been a reference to crack barrel alignment for 45 years or so.
All of this stuff between pcp and springers you guys know makes my head hurt in a good way. I went with a sports match dm70 out of a fear that may or may not be real to preserve a scope with a great warranty. There is some sarcasm here but I think the bkl rings would be amazing too and are prob the better move for insane accuracy but I don’t compete just having fun. That is why I chose the sports match.

Reactions: .20calguy
All of this stuff between pcp and springers you guys know makes my head hurt in a good way. I went with a sports match dm70 out of a fear that may or may not be real to preserve a scope with a great warranty. There is some sarcasm here but I think the bkl rings would be amazing too and are prob the better move for insane accuracy but I don’t compete just having fun. That is why I chose the sports match.

My .177 HW97K has a Sports match Dampa Mount high, with 1" rings. I chose the Hawke Airmax 3 to 9 x 40 AO scope. I am enjoying this very accurate rifle, I can hit what I am aiming at! I have not modified the rifle at all, and I do not intend to. It is perfect for my informal plinking at cans, paper and spinning metal targets at 25 yards. Probably 1,500+, 7.9 gr. Crosman hollow point pellets with not one complaint, scope and mount staying in place and never loosing zero.
Good luck with your HW97K, have fun and enjoy it.

Sportsmatch rings and mounts are top notch.

IMO the BKL rings might work but they're ugly chunks of aluminum without recoil pins. I use the Sportsmatch T02C and T04C. They use a larger rolled spring steel pin with adjustable depth. They hold secure without leaving a mark if your smart enough to read instructions. Genuine Sportsmatch rings are made in the UK specifically for 11mm airgun dovetails. Their machining, materials and hardware is light years better than the BKLs, the Hawke knock offs of them or any other cheap Chinese rings like the UTG. They aren't expensive. AoA and PS have them. The T02C and T04C are medium height and work well on the HW Springers. Every one of my HWs and a few European powder burners wear them.

Isn’t droop for break barrels? I don’t think hw97k has droop?
Both my 97K and 77K barrels are pointing down and left or right from the dove tail. So If mounting a optically centered scope and then taking a shot at 30 yards, it would hit around 6" low and 5" left
give or take a few inches..lol.
You either bend the barrel or use some kind of adjustable mount to get it close to zero, unless you want to use a lot of your scopes vertical and horizontal turret adjustment.
You will get the best performance out of your scope by keeping it as close to optical center as possible.
On my 97K and 77K as well as my prosport I use a UTG picatinny rail and low rings. The prosport was close to being dead on. With the 97K and 77K I used burris signature zee rings with eccentric inserts that allow vertical and horizontal adjustment. It can be a time consuming process, but only needs to be done once.
There are many mounting options available. In the past I've used sportsmatch rings, UTG rings mounted to the dovetail and they work fine. Then switched to signature zee rings (picatinny) and used picatinny to dovetail adapters, they also worked, but more fiddly to set up.
Now all my rifles are using the UTG pic rail and low pic rings. Here the 77K set up with signature zee rings on the UTG pic rail.
IMG_6798.jpeg

The rail has stop pins as well, and I use them.
Here's my prosport with Athlon rings on the UTG pic rail.
IMG_6762.jpeg

✌🏻