• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hw97 .20 experiences

Mine shoots about 5" left and 6" low..lol. I corrected that with signature zee rings with eccentric inserts and can get it almost complete zeroed with out using any turret adjustment, with an optically centered scope.
You can bend the barrel to correct if ya have the balls and skills to do it.
My 77K was also off quite a bit.
The Prosport was the closest of the three to being perfect.
Thanks, I was afraid of that as it follows most of my experience with HW. I'll give the signature zees a whirl. I've used them on PB to good effect. Bending a barrel when you have an underlever is not my cup of tea.

Keep in mind that a hard hitting springer needs weight to perform well...springers have recoil and many lower power to lessen that recoil, if you want a hard hitter, then you need a heavy rifle or you wont hit squat. Weight absorbs recoil, mass in motion laws of physics...there is no such thing as a hard shooting light weight springer that can be shot accurately. Not sure why a few extra lbs is such a big deal, I carry my R1 for hours in the woods without a problem, I have arthritus and 72 yrs old....
Agree!!

Reactions: Bandito
I have a HW97KT the t stands for thumb hole stock. The thing weighs a ton with a scope but it is super consistent and not as hold sensitive as any of my other springers. Even the hw97k without the thumb hole stock has a decent amount of weight and its shoots so well

Did someone say .20 97? Installed a JM kit, along with the trigger tune, in this one in 2005. Fired 15 or so shots after the installation, and has been sitting ever since.

20240121_095618_resized.jpg

20240121_095606_resized.jpg

20240121_095611_resized.jpg

20240121_095614_resized.jpg

20240121_095632_resized.jpg

20240121_095636_resized.jpg

20240121_095644_resized.jpg

20240121_095641_resized.jpg

20240121_095702_resized.jpg

20240121_095657_resized.jpg

20240121_095732_resized.jpg

Should be a sin to leave such a nice gun just sit !!
I'm a big time sinner that is for sure. Not trolling to sell just yet! I bought this along with an R9 blue laminate at the same time. Both display fading over time, although they don't see the light of day. Now I'm wondering if I have the r-9 in .20 or .177.

Pull them out and make sure they are ready. You know the next move.
You guys were discussing 20 cal pellets. I have some wicked looking pellets with the red plastic tip and H&N FTTs. Looking at Nielsen's SITE, not my gun sights, I find .200" in 14.9 and 18.9 grain slugs. They look tempting. I still need a gauge and fitting. Have a Hill pump that should work. I use it strictly on my Diana Bandit pistol. That is a fun little gat that should be 20 caliber too. But these NSA slugs should be good to test and tune. I hope some of you guys with high power guns will try them out. Be Well, Bandit

Reactions: crowski
Did you end up gettIng a confirmation email for your order from AOA?
Yes! thanks for asking...they look to be out of stock already.

I'm dithering though, there is HW30 in .20. I have an R7 in .177 and really don't need another but all of my .20 are very sweet to me. I am just a little light on $$.

Some time back one of our worthy members announced that AOA had a couple of Gehmann aperture sights on sale, barely used. I clicked "buy" at the speed of light and I got a confirmation. And then got a "oops sorry, out of stock". I think about 400 of us tried to buy the three they had. Soooo, until it ships, the fat lady ain't sung.

I'm dithering though, there is HW30 in .20. I have an R7 in .177 and really don't need another but all of my .20 are very sweet to me. I am just a little light on $$.

Some time back one of our worthy members announced that AOA had a couple of Gehmann aperture sights on sale, barely used. I clicked "buy" at the speed of light and I got a confirmation. And then got a "oops sorry, out of stock". I think about 400 of us tried to buy the three they had. Soooo, until it ships, the fat lady ain't sung.
They have the 95 walnut version in .20 caliber. You should see if its still available.

Reactions: Bandito and Star7
If you do decide to get one join the queue and be patient. By my watch it has been over a year since anything was available in .20 from any of the usual Weihrauch resellers.
A four month wait so far for mine, a .20 cal HW97K Blue Lam. 👍
I ordered a 97k .20 last July as well a few others in .20. I was told .20 or .25 will not be available, unfortunately. I don’t know if being in Canada has anything to do with it, but maybe. I do have 5 97’s now. Everything is stock, hopefully not for long. Crow
Not Available?
AoA took the order for mine mid September.
I also saw them advertise recently a different break barrel HW in .20cal with a walnut stock.