Having worked on springers since 1985, Have always been a beliver of shooting your gun for a couple hundred rounds, then take it apart to see if any issues arrive. The spring ends need smoothed out so the sharp edges dont cause metal chips and wear. Check all seals, add proper lubes, change any guides that are sloppy, clean and lube trigger mechanism. These simple steps can make big improvements in firing behavior and performance. The majority of shooters choose some type of pellet lube to help keep the barrel cleaner in the long run and helps with accuracy in many cases. Check shot consistency over a chrono then experiment with different pellets. You made a good choice for your rifle, now make it perform at its best !!!

Reactions: Deerstalker
Usually it does improve with use. There's alot going on in there as the gun breaks in. The spring noise or buzz during the shot cycle will decrease in time but will never go away until you or someone else tunes it. The biggest problem with many of the new Hw95s is barrel droop from cocking arm/breech block interference. If you run out of upward adjustment on your scope that's why. If it zeroed fine, keep shooting it and the gun should smooth out a bit and become more accurate with use.

Enjoy.

Ron

If you want it to cock like butter and shoot without a twang, then just bite the “pellet” and install a Vortek or similar kit. Then you can polish and lube it correctly also. Now you’re starting out with something enjoyable right out of the box. AirShot is correct that shooting a few tins through it first will blend the intervals together nicely then do the tune. If it’s dieseling however just stop and tune it first. I have a brand new HW98 that has one shot trough it to checkout function. I will not shoot it again until it’s internally polished, lubed and fit with a Vortek tune kit. I can’t stand that twang. Best splent $100. Just tell the wife no to dinner once or twice and bingo the kit is paid for. Lots of tricks in my old bag. 

Being intolerant of spring noise, I pretty much follow Bear's regimen with one exception. I shoot new rifles enough times to check the accuracy before kitting them. I had two Hw77s that had bad barrels. Had I opened them and kitted them immediately returning them might not have been possible as kitting them voids the warranty. It was probably a fluke to get two bad barrels on the 77s but understandable because they were sequential serial numbers. I have ten or eleven other Weihrauchs without any barrel issues and all very accurate but there is a possibility of getting a dud. Confirm the accuracy then tune. 

Great point Mycapt65. I’ve never had an accuracy issue but knowing up front would be good. I wonder what Krale would do about it? Probably would be on your own anyway. Good idea to first get a good group, then tear the guts out of it!

Actually I've known Krale to be very good about difficult warranty situations. I've never heard of anyone who was unjustly abandoned by Krale.

The two defective 77s I had is a long story. Let's just say it wasn't AoAs finest showing. I wound up paying almost $80 to ship the second defective 77 back to them. Even after asking them to pick another gun with a serial number distant from the first defective gun. I got the very next serial number.

I'll do Krale long before AoA or PA. Even if the price was the same and the shipping was as slow as AoA or PA. I ordered a Hw30 for my girlfriend's birthday last April from Krale. After adding to my order, I requested them to inspect the gun for cosmetic damage if still possible. They unpacked the already packaged gun inspected it and test fired it for accuracy for me and sent the nicest email. The gun took three days from another continent only because UPS mistakenly thought it needed an Alphabet org form filled out. I am a Krale customer for life.. I had one rifle delivered to me from them in NY next day. I've waited over a week for rifles from AoA. 

I received my new,(2018 HW95L), rifle.

Rifle was received on 8/11/2020 from AoA.

Installed a ARH kit, (piston seal, top hat, spring & guide), in early 5/2021.

Installed a Vortek piston seal, cleaned, re-lubed with GPL-205 in 5/21/2021 due to POI changing & lower chrono numbers.

The kit was installed after accuracy fell off.

AoA replaced the Weihrauch seal but I used the Vortek. The rifle is absolutely soundless cocking now until the piston latches into the trigger. After 8 months and about 3K to 4K shots the rifle is very accurate. The shot sound is a sharp dull thunk.

Factory seal damaged by dieseling caused Weihrauch over oiling/greasing.

4-30-2021 piston seal.1644466195.jpg

5 from 25 using bags.

4-5-2021 Best Group 5 shots.1644466247.jpg

Mycap65.
I am with you totally. The last two Weihrauch’s I received from AOA were both inferior in different ways. One had shop wear from being in and out of a gun rack. Damage on the barrel to white metal. The next had a poorly made stock, (not AOA’s fault but should have been sold a a “second “). Both took longer to ship than Krale. Pyramyd Air has flat gone to the dogs. Been buying from them since they started. Countless list of guns for a couple decades. The new owner/management treats a customer like they are out to get them. They do not honor their own commitments. The lady I talked to was the most unruly person I’ve ever dealt with. All over a $10 part that was back ordered (they wanted to ship the gun alone) and invoiced for free shipping when back in stock. When I received the part they charged me more for shipping than the part. I had this lady pull my order and she saw the free shipping note. She said so what! She put me on hold for over 20 minutes. She wanted me to just hang up. After a long discussion she said she would credit the shipping. I knew she was not going to do it. Never did. PA treated a good friend of mine and his son horribly also. Never again PA!!!!!!!!

Krale has been awesome. They respond right back. The guns I’ve received has been the best I’ve ever gotten. 3 days shipping from the Netherlands. And their prices are less! Take notes AOA and PA!

Short answer is yes. One tin of pellets should break in a new rifle. Be aware that if you do put an aftermarket tune in it, that will also take a tin or so of pellets to break in. Accuracy will be the same regardless and it is only the shot cycle that improves with tune kits. That in itself will improve accuracy as will lightning up the trigger.

Enjoy your new rifle, it is a good one!

Cheers

Kit