HW95: need help, what am I doing wrong?

I hate to see that, these are normally good guns. Unfourtunately QC is down in a lot of industries due to "covid help". The owner of the archery shop I shoot for says they have to go over every new bow they get out of the box now. Cams out of time, shims wrong putting it out of alignment and bad strings are normal. He can't get good strings from anywhere, they used to build strings for individuals if we asked on a homemade jig in the back. He just bought a professional string building jig and has someone building strings full time.

If you got that far, you are handy enough to get this sorted out. A new seal and a little maccarri tar will get you going again...unless you want to spring for a Vortec kit while you are in there.

I'd contact the vendor you bought it from immediately and let them know. 

Actually I would have contacted them first before attempting to tamper with the gun.

Hopefully by your disassembly didn't give them any reason to void your warranty.

I have read HW guns carry life time warranties.

Hopefully they will send you replacement parts free of charge under warranty.

Or use the replacement parts value plus the shipping they would have had to pay for any way to off set the price of your tune kit.

I'd contact the vendor you bought it from immediately and let them know. 

Actually I would have contacted them first before attempting to tamper with the gun.

Hopefully by your disassembly didn't give them any reason to void your warranty.

I have read HW guns carry life time warranties.

Hopefully they will send you replacement parts free of charge under warranty.

Or use the replacement parts value plus the shipping they would have had to pay for any way to off set the price of your tune kit.

I did call airguns of Arizona right away. Unfortunately every time I have called them so far they have said my problem was user error before I could even finish my sentence. They said they would send me a new seal but not fix my gun for free. They said my issue was from dry firing the gun or shooting too light of pellets. I did shoot 5 hn ftt greens through my gun. So I’m not arguing that it’s a faulty gun. I shouldn’t of shot those pellets through it but I’m still not positive that is what caused the failure. The gun has been dieseling pretty bad since I bought it. It smells like burning rubber. I also ordered a vortek pg4 kit and one of their vac seals. 

The green lead frees are made with tin zinc iron and plastic.

I would worry more about eventually ruining the rifling.

Pay more to possibly ruin the accuracy in the long run.

Just my opinion based on materials the greens are actually made of.

I got some just to see what they were before finding out what they were actually made of and have never shot any from my guns.

Just imagine sticking a tin or zinc metal cleaning rod down the barrel.

I got some just to see what they were before finding out what they were actually made of and have never shot any from my guns.

I definitely won't be shooting them anymore. And i only shot 5 of them. I saw on a youtube video that they grouped really well out of the hw95, not worth potential damage though. 

I use a stainless steel rod myself....

Those pellets won't hurt the barrel. It's steel after all. 

Now their weight may not be a great choice for the powerplant..