• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW95 field pro 177 cal, update

There's almost always a gap behind the compression tube. If the stock and action slide at all, theres a problem. There's always a little wiggle room in a stock to align the screw holes. Usually the stock is registered securely to the action by the fit and clamping force of the trigger guard. If your stock moves on the action something isn't fitted or assembled correctly or the the screws are not sufficiently tight.
The trigger guard should drop over and straddle the trigger adjustment screw tang.
Assemble stock with all four screws loosely,
then snug them
Torque front trigger guard to 44 inlbs
Torque Rear trigger guard to 15 inlbs
Then tighten front side screws to 22 inlbs.

Make sure the cocking arm can be easily wiggled with the gun closed.
There's almost always a gap behind the compression tube. If the stock and action slide at all, theres a problem. There's always a little wiggle room in a stock to align the screw holes. Usually the stock is registered securely to the action by the fit and clamping force of the trigger guard. If your stock moves on the action something isn't fitted or assembled correctly or the the screws are not sufficiently tight.
The trigger guard should drop over and straddle the trigger adjustment screw tang.
Assemble stock with all four screws loosely,
then snug them
Torque front trigger guard to 44 inlbs
Torque Rear trigger guard to 15 inlbs
Then tighten front side screws to 22 inlbs.

Make sure the cocking arm can be easily wiggled with the gun closed.
Thank you for the torque information . I’m just concerned I bet the gap is 1/8 inch . I will make sure the action is forward then tighten They could use a recoil lug like a powder burner. Thank you 🙂

ncedstockscrews.png

One day i figure ill get nice cap washers for the forend screws to help fill that gap between the woods hole and sctew head better ..lol.

But heck I've even had to glue in washers for synthetic stocks .

Even had one snap the forend screw
gamosnappedforend screw.jpg

Reactions: drpietrzak

Thank you for the torque information . I’m just concerned I bet the gap is 1/8 inch . I will make sure the action is forward then tighten They could use a recoil lug like a powder burner. Thank you 🙂
The recoil lug is basically the trigger guard and the stock conforming to the screws and stock hanger bracket. I'm familiar with bedding stocks. These are different

Reactions: Frogy