• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW90K at AOA

I e-mailed AOA this am about the moderator. AOA (bless them!) responded instantly.
" As for an extension, we carry the 16mm moderator, but I would not recommend using it to cock the rifle."

Apparently, the US shipment does not have a moderator. That would put it outside my ability to easily cock the rifle.
Sooooo is there some sight at the end of the barrel that will prevent your hand from slipping like the moderator would on this K model? Its a 12” barrel and that would be difficult to cock without anything on the end.

I love HW-90! I had a Weihrauch-90 .177 for a long time and bought it new. I never adjusted the spring, I just shot from the box. In my rifle the spring Teoben was inflated to the maximum 26 Joules from factory and there have never been any problems. In my opinion, a pump is not needed, the spring Teoben does not wear out, it lasts forever! I'm not sure if you can use a pump for a PСP rifle with the Weihrauch 90,more likely no than yes! I knew other owners of the HW-90, they used a pump to inflate the shock absorbers of the front fork of a bicycle or OEM HW-90 pump. I didn’t even try to install an scope on this 26 J rifle. The scope will crawl no matter what you do! This rifle was the dream of my difficult childhood :ROFLMAO: and I bought it consciously and knew almost everything about it. At that time it was very difficult to find.

Last edited:
I have seen a commentary from the UK about the non-FAC HW90 that those gas rams cannot be adjusted. The HW90 in the US has a plug screw on the back of the receiver tube that exposes a schrader valve allowing adjustment.
OK. Sounds plausible. I've never heard that. Perhaps it's something new. When I was ordering parts for my RX from Cambers in the UK there was no market difference noted in the parts diagrams. The air has to be added after assembly somehow. So I wonder how they would do that in a way that would prevent adjustments. It would also prevent servicing. 🤔

Reactions: Frogy
OK. Sounds plausible. I've never heard that. Perhaps it's something new. When I was ordering parts for my RX from Cambers in the UK there was no market difference noted in the parts diagrams. The air has to be added after assembly somehow. So I wonder how they would do that in a way that would prevent adjustments. It would also prevent servicing. 🤔
Ofcourse it is not adjustable in the UK.
A PCP also has a anti tamper system so you can not increase the power above the legal limit.

I e-mailed AOA this am about the moderator. AOA (bless them!) responded instantly.
" As for an extension, we carry the 16mm moderator, but I would not recommend using it to cock the rifle."

Apparently, the US shipment does not have a moderator. That would put it outside my ability to easily cock the rifle.
I've got one ordered. I'm not certain on how I feel about the barrel. On one hand I would like to be able to put a moderator on it, but on the other hand having iron sights just in case is not bad either. The adjustable gas ram is going to be neat, I suppose a pump w/folding feet might be something to look at.

Reactions: Zut
I love HW-90! I had a Weihrauch-90 .177 for a long time and bought it new. I never adjusted the spring, I just shot from the box. In my rifle the spring Teoben was inflated to the maximum 26 Joules from factory and there have never been any problems. In my opinion, a pump is not needed, the spring Teoben does not wear out, it lasts forever! I'm not sure if you can use a pump for a PСP rifle with the Weihrauch 90,more likely no than yes! I knew other owners of the HW-90, they used a pump to inflate the shock absorbers of the front fork of a bicycle or OEM HW-90 pump. I didn’t even try to install an scope on this 26 J rifle. The scope will crawl no matter what you do! This rifle was the dream of my difficult childhood :ROFLMAO: and I bought it consciously and knew almost everything about it. At that time it was very difficult to find.
I've got a HW90K coming in. I'm trying out the Diana ZR (Zero Recoil) mount and an a Hawke 3-9x40 AO because the Athlon scope I wanted has a nitrogen tap that keeps it from pairing up with the Diana ZR mount.

I've got a HW90K coming in. I'm trying out the Diana ZR (Zero Recoil) mount and an a Hawke 3-9x40 AO because the Athlon scope I wanted has a nitrogen tap that keeps it from pairing up with the Diana ZR mount.
I bought a Lupold Euro-30 1-4x30 for this rifle, but it didn’t get to the point of mounting it, they talked me out of this idea.

Reactions: RodneyRichwine
I've got one ordered. I'm not certain on how I feel about the barrel. On one hand I would like to be able to put a moderator on it, but on the other hand having iron sights just in case is not bad either. The adjustable gas ram is going to be neat, I suppose a pump w/folding feet might be something to look at.
Make sure you post some pictures!!
Cheers
Z

You heard wrong. All the Hw90/RX series can be adjusted by how much air you charge the cylinder. Weihrauch produced the Theoben piston under license
Do you know if Airguns of Arizona is the only place in the US you can buy the HW90 gauge, and do you know how to find out what kind of pump will work and what adapters are needed?

Do you know if Airguns of Arizona is the only place in the US you can buy the HW90 gauge, and do you know how to find out what kind of pump will work and what adapters are needed?
Maybe build your own kit with a 500 psi shock pump and Guage and fittings local bought.

If you search this stuff over seas like uk forums you will find info on that .

This is from a french fourm I had saved awhile back
hw90_z10.jpg

Bestfittings uk had a nice kit

"Guage kit"

I used a Rock Shox bicycle shock pump and adapter. The pump comes with a built-in guage. The whole thing cost me under 70 dollars about 4 years ago. Worked great!

I'll let some other guys that have 90s chime in. But you are correct. Has a shorter barrel than the standard model. Threaded, with moderator. Theoben gas ram that can be tuned with an air pump. From all accounts can be tuned to shoot real smooth and sweet.
I've got one ordered, personally I'm betting on it having iron sights instead of a moderator, but that's going by the picture AoA is using for the HW90K. I ordered with it a Diana ZR mount and a Hawke Vantage 3-9x40 (the Athlon I wanted won't fit this scope mount because of a nitrogen port on the scope).

Let us know what the configuration is for the US version of the HW90k happens to be. I can see that the EU version is threaded and moderated, but I thought from conversation with AOA, that the US version has the dovetail and front site. If it is dovetailed, then the moderator is not as secure as the HW moderator for dovetailed barrels slips over the dovetails and attaches with a set screw. I would not trust that configuration for use as a cocking handle.

Let us know what the configuration is for the US version of the HW90k happens to be. I can see that the EU version is threaded and moderated, but I thought from conversation with AOA, that the US version has the dovetail and front site. If it is dovetailed, then the moderator is not as secure as the HW moderator for dovetailed barrels slips over the dovetails and attaches with a set screw. I would not trust that configuration for use as a cocking handle.
There's this kind as well , but good luck getting one in the USA .. if overseas you can just buy one .. hmmmmm...

Krale usa not available or listed but the rest of the world shops it is / add to cart

Maybe they will ship it ?