Tuning Hw90 pressure accessories

OK sorry that happened. Mine was a 2000 RX1. I remembering lubing the oring so it didn't get cut. I think it may have have been an odd metric size or something. My bet is the gun is the same but RS changed orings. Weihrauch almost never changes anything. I'm trying to remember more.
At least the pump is working out for you.
Be well
Ron
No worries! I am still in it for less than any of the other options. I needed a shock pump for my kids' bikes so I would have bought a shock pump regardless! I wonder if your RS adapter is physically different. I think if the adapter would have had the threads cut all the way to the shoulder of that non-threaded step, it would have worked. Thanks for pioneering the original alternative!

Reactions: fishing43
I did consider it would dump all the air so when I tried it the first time, I attached the adapter to the pump first and spun the pump to thread the adapter in. I did try pumping to see if it would do anything but it would not build any pressure, but I only gave it a few strokes... I will give it another try. I assumed the adapter would depress the valve and you would be able to use the shock pump gauge to determine the pressure.

I assume this means that the only way to estimate the pressure is to release all the air so you know you are at 0, and then build it back up with the shock pump and assume maybe you are a 1/2 to 1 bar less than the shock pump indicates from the slight loss when disconnecting?
you can always pump up until you hear it going in.. plus the gauge on the pump should climb slower when you reach ram pressure, just like PCP guns the pressure goes up fast when you are just filling the line and then goes slower when filling the additional reservoir.
Mark

Reactions: Grandmastah
so this thread mentions a shock pump and someone else said that they used it for bikes.. I did see that it said 26 bar.. what's the psi conversion for 26 bar.. I know that I put 250 bar in my PCP, but I would have thought that it would be more than a bike pump would be capable of for the gas ram..
Mark
Roughly 15 psi per bar. The gas ram in question is a Theoben designed air piston. It's different from the popular gas ram models. The theoben piston in the guns discussed has an advertised maximum pressure of 24 or 26 depending on the model year. There's really no need for more than 26 bar, so the bike shock pump is fine. Most people find these guns shoot best between 18 and 21 bar. I liked mine around 20-22 bar.

Roughly 15 psi per bar. The gas ram in question is a Theoben designed air piston. It's different from the popular gas ram models. The theoben piston in the guns discussed has an advertised maximum pressure of 24 or 26 depending on the model year. There's really no need for more than 26 bar, so the bike shock pump is fine. Most people find these guns shoot best between 18 and 21 bar. I liked mine around 20-22 bar.
a bike shock pump must be different than a tire pump because I just multiply your numbers and got 390 PSI.. so it must be a higher pressure for like a actual shock absorber?
Mark

Hope this helps any members
_DSC0372.JPG

_DSC0438.JPG

cwNR2ZW.jpg

Reactions: fishing43