Tuning Hw90 pressure accessories

Hi Everyone. I’m hoping for some help. I’m looking for a gauge to check the pressure in my hw90 .20 cal.

I also need the required attachment for my hand pump to increase the pressure. I’m in canada and couldnt find anything in stock. Ive messaged best fittings in the uk for their options

Any other expertise anyone can share? Thank you so much

Oh, and by the way, it’s very easy to cock when you accidentally bleed off most of the gun pressure. Just in case nobody knew. 😂

Reactions: Bandito
I must be wrong but I thought the gas ram rifles used nitrogen, not air.. nitrogen supposedly has bigger molecule than air, at least that's why they are putting it in some tires.. I don't know much about it, as far as compression and force output compared to air. I am a welder, so I have a nitrogen tank.. I'd be really interested in learning more about the system.. as far as how much pressure you put in the cylinder to get the proper power output.. sounds great to be able to fill with air.. and I assume that makes it so you can adjust the power output..
if anyone reads this and knows more about them I'd like to hear from you..
so also there's a lot of low end nitro break barrel guns.. are they all able to be rebuilt if leaking and are they all user refillable?
is it true that there less vibration, shock and recoil on these guns??
I'm only familiar with spring break and PCP and CO2 guns.
thank you
Mark

I must be wrong but I thought the gas ram rifles used nitrogen, not air.. nitrogen supposedly has bigger molecule than air, at least that's why they are putting it in some tires.. I don't know much about it, as far as compression and force output compared to air. I am a welder, so I have a nitrogen tank.. I'd be really interested in learning more about the system.. as far as how much pressure you put in the cylinder to get the proper power output.. sounds great to be able to fill with air.. and I assume that makes it so you can adjust the power output..
so also there's a lot of low end nitro break barrel guns.. are they all able to be rebuilt if leaking and are they all user refillable?
thank you
Mark
Either can be used but in the beginning, Theoben did it with air. Nitrogen is more stable but not necessary.

thank you
Mark
Yes they do use normal everyday air but remember
"Air is a mixture of gases, 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen with traces of water vapor, carbon dioxide, argon, and various other components."

So technically there claim of nitrogen filled is true.. ( 78%worth) 🤤

Hi Everyone. I’m hoping for some help. I’m looking for a gauge to check the pressure in my hw90 .20 cal.

I also need the required attachment for my hand pump to increase the pressure. I’m in canada and couldnt find anything in stock. Ive messaged best fittings in the uk for their options

Any other expertise anyone can share? Thank you so much

Oh, and by the way, it’s very easy to cock when you accidentally bleed off most of the gun pressure. Just in case nobody knew. 😂
There's a lot around on homemade using a bike shok pump. . just make sure the pump is greater then the tam max bar pressure . I think a 500psi the one to get vs the 300 psi. ( 28 bar max ram is 400 psi pump +/- ??)

Thank you so much Everyone!!! I'm going to check out the shock pump & adapter route first. Seems to be the fastest for now, so long as it works.
As said above the fittings part to put it all together maybe just easy to go with best fittings .. a pump , Guage and hose stuff probly local easy maybe Amazon stuff .

Good luck .

just wondering if I missed something.. what is the normal pressure for a nitro break barrel gun for the charge in the gas ram? just wondering how that compares to PCP pressure and well I guess how that translates into the fps for the ram vs the standard spring..
and now after saying that I'm also wondering what the spring pressure is? 🤣🤔🤣
sorry I always have more questions than answers, especially if I don't know that much about something 🤔 but then I also end up having questions about what I know 🤣🤣
Mark

just wondering if I missed something.. what is the normal pressure for a nitro break barrel gun for the charge in the gas ram? just wondering how that compares to PCP pressure and well I guess how that translates into the fps for the ram vs the standard spring..
and now after saying that I'm also wondering what the spring pressure is? 🤣🤔🤣
sorry I always have more questions than answers, especially if I don't know that much about something 🤔 but then I also end up having questions about what I know 🤣🤣
Mark
gas rams are not standardized so it comes down to some have larger pistons and lower charge pressures and so forth... HW 90s that I have came in set at 26bar.

gas rams are not standardized so it comes down to some have larger pistons and lower charge pressures and so forth... HW 90s that I have came in set at 26bar.
so I have been tempted to try I think it was crossman brake barrel, it's the one with open sights and a magazine.. don't have a clue how a magazine works on a brake barrel.. but I have a gamo varmint shotgun 22 spring break and well it's been years ago but I don't remember the slightest recoil from my rws 34 or 48.. but I'm sensitive to recoil now apparently because after about 10 rounds of the gamo varmint shotgun 22 I get sore from the recoil and it's not fun then.. it's a interesting little gun.. it has a brass adapter for shooting pellets and easily hits a 30 yards spinner.. as far as the shot shells are.. I got it for rattlesnake and after testing it I'm sure it will do the job with factory shot shells 5-15 yards..
I also reloaded the used shells with 3 BB for factory weight load and 5 for a few more holes 🤣 I use a 16 penny nail with the point ground off for a ramrod and a little piece of potato starch packing peanut for a wad on each end of the shell..
so do you get vibration or any recoil on the gas ram guns?
anyone know about the rws Diana 54 I think it is supposed to be recoilless?
I used to be able to shoot just about anything, now I can't shoulder my 357 lever action or my 410 and now the Gamo gets to me after 10 shots.. might be just stuck with PCP..
Mark

also are they rebuildable? I'd assume that they would be since the gas rams are similar to air or hydraulic cylinders.. but it would be depending on being able to get the seals..
do most of the gas rams have the ability to adjust the pressure? or just certain brands?
Mark

also are they rebuildable? I'd assume that they would be since the gas rams are similar to air or hydraulic cylinders.. but it would be depending on being able to get the seals..
do most of the gas rams have the ability to adjust the pressure? or just certain brands?
Mark
Most rams are sealed unserviceable.

Some hatsan rams can be serviced or tuned using a hatsan PCP probe. Guys rebuilt them , but there still cheap enough to be disposable as a sealed one ..

The hw90 ram ?? I don't guess I've run across a rebuild thread or tut on it ..

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/weihrauch-hw90-tuning-guide-how-to-do-it-what-results-to-expect/

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop...ben-weihrauch-hw90-gas-ram-charging-pump-kit/

so, i have to ask, with the power limit so low in Canada how is a HW90 worthwhile or is it registered as a fire arm and then gains it's usefulness
In Canada I have a firearms license. Air rifle power is unlimited and the same as USA for break barrels with a possession and acquisition license here. Without a licence we re limited to 500fps or under with air rifles. However, I do know that we can buy full power springs or tune kits that make a springer full power without a licence. So, it can be done if someone was so inclined and not worried about rules.

We cant have any air pistols that shoot a projectile over 500fps or it’s considered a hand gun is all. Stupid rule as the fpe is usually quite low anyways.

Our laws are about to be much more restrictive with the federal government pushing through new law that bans all handgun sales and many other pointless changes to buy votes. Will cost us billions in taxes when the majority of crimes are committed with smuggled firearms

If this works that would be so cool:

Who is going to try it out, then report back here?
I think that's what Ron used. I have a Theoben pump for my non HE Theoben gas slammers. And an adapter for a pcp pump for my HE Evolution.
The HW90 isn't HE so it uses lower pressure than most or HE Theobens.
Somebody asked is the HW90 ram rebuildable? Yes it is.