Is the hw85 still being produced? I mean, i still see it in the weihrauch catalog, but i hardly see any reviews about it...

Yes Krale still sells them. I have one.

One thing i haven't really understood is, how does this differ from the hw95? Sorry if it's a dumb question, i don't have any first hand experience with weihrauch rifles.

Reactions: crowski
I like the HW85. It has the same trigger as all the HW's. I bought it because it seemed to be in-between the HW80 and the HW95. In reality it is very close to the HW95. So close in fact I assume that it why they don't import it anymore. AOA did for a time. I have tuned several HW95's over the years and got almost the same power as the HW85. Of all the tuned HW95's posted on here, mine is about 20fps faster from what I can tell. I'm talking about with a 14.3 grain 22cal pellet. It can do 745fps with a 14.3 grain pellet with mine, but I have also had HW80's that could do 820fps with the same pellet. It has a Vortek SHO tune kit in it with their piston seal as well. I would say the cocking effort would be high with the shorter HW95 barrel. It would probably take all the fun out if it. That is why I said it is much close to the HW95 in power and in weight. Also it is well balanced. 

Jason

The 85/R10 has changed over the years and came in a couple "variations". The old one that I have has a threaded rear cap and the scope is attached to a separate rail. They also came in standard and deluxe stocks, carbine and rifle length as well as a Laser version with a laminate stock according to the Blue Book! Todays version has the same "tab" system of retaining the rear block in the compression tube as the 95/R9 does, no scope rail and a longer barrel.

This is my older version (Santa Rosa) in deluxe stock, grip cap with white line spacer, scope rail, threaded rear cap and full rifle length.

136 Beeman R10 .177.1627672903.JPG

That’s all it takes to twist my arm, I got 1 on order. D&L in Canada had one $786. Can. to door (13% tax in there). 
Thanks guys, I would never have bought the 85 if you didn’t speak up! Jasmlowe I’m happy with the longer barrel. Also the break barrel is easier to load. 

DualMagMike you have an uncomparable collection. Thanks again for the share. Crow

Thanks for Krale contact would of cost over $900. 

Believe it or not that’s a great price for me! First of all it’s old stock, wait for new pandemic pricing. Our Can. dollar is $1.25 to $1. US. plus we have a ridiculous .13% tax. 50 bones shipping. The only thing cheaper in Can. is water.
Even when we were 1.5 to your 1, I could still find the odd deal in US. 

In my industry my competitors in US sometimes had sales cheaper than my cost. I also know I’m not taking it with me. Crow 

Reactions: maxtrouble
Believe it or not that’s a great price for me! First of all it’s old stock, wait for new pandemic pricing. Our Can. dollar is $1.25 to $1. US. plus we have a ridiculous .13% tax. 50 bones shipping. The only thing cheaper in Can. is water.
Even when we were 1.5 to your 1, I could still find the odd deal in US. 

In my industry my competitors in US sometimes had sales cheaper than my cost. I also know I’m not taking it with me. Crow

WOW! I think I paid around $410 shipped from Krale. I use to buy HW's from Canada around 15 years ago before they blocked thee sale of them to us, because they were cheaper than what we could buy them for here in the U.S. I had an HW80 with the stainless look and black stock that I bought from Canada, that wasn't ever sold in the US. I wish I would have kept it because I don't think they make them anymore. 

That’s all it takes to twist my arm, I got 1 on order. D&L in Canada had one $786. Can. to door (13% tax in there). 
Thanks guys, I would never have bought the 85 if you didn’t speak up! Jasmlowe I’m happy with the longer barrel. Also the break barrel is easier to load. 

DualMagMike you have an uncomparable collection. Thanks again for the share. Crow

Thanks for Krale contact would of cost over $900.

Awesome!!! Is it going to be a new production rifle or one of the older ones? Regardless take pictures once this beauty arrives!!! :)