• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW80k

Mine is marked USA and it's a full power "long range hunter" with HW Moderator installed in 177.Its dead nuts accurate.The pickle on the end really helps the cocking effort.Its a great rifle,do it!

20231116_112235.jpg

.....or maybe not since it's marked USA.
I think only air guns of Arizona stamps the gun barrel on guns sold/ imported by them with usa.. there like the official / warranty/ distributor of hw in the USA . Could be wrong but that's how I see that play out.

To answer your question the K is for carbine or short barrel. They could be of different power levels based on the market they are sold in/for. It has nothing to do with stock style. And now I will use this excuse to post a picture of my 2008 80K In an early R1 stock.

View attachment 411017

Thanks for the response. So the new stocks on these 80's...that's just the new style then? Not a Luxus model. Great looking rifle there....I love all the variations you guys post.

Thanks for the response. So the new stocks on these 80's...that's just the new style then? Not a Luxus model. Great looking rifle there....I love all the variations you guys post.
Yes the HW80K SL is the latest stock style. Luxus versions are just a stock upgrade. I honestly don’t know if the SL incorporates any changes other than the stock.

Reactions: aaroncr
Ya, maybe kinda 3 kinds as brought up.

Hw80 standard

Hw80 k ( about a 4" shorter barrel the standard)

And the new sl style stock rokoman shows above..

Now id be happy with any of the 3 "but" long marathon shooting if that less 4" leverage on the barrel hurts cocking / more effort/ arm tired faster?

Then I'm sure id get over it soon enough 🤤

• Haha
To answer your question the K is for carbine or short barrel. They could be of different power levels based on the market they are sold in/for. It has nothing to do with stock style. And now I will use this excuse to post a picture of my 2008 80K In an early R1 stock.

View attachment 411017
Looks very good. I'm not a fan of the current stock shape on the HW80.I like the Goudy style much better.

Looks very good. I'm not a fan of the current stock shape on the HW80.I like the Goudy style much better.
To the best of my knowledge the Goudy style was only offered on the R1. The Hw80s i remember only had the abbreviated stocks that didn't cover the whole breech block. I find them functional but ugly.

It's the reason I never bought a Hw80. I bought this R1 on a bender when it showed up on Fleabay. It's been for sale on and off. Not my favorite rifle. I personally think a R9/Hw95 is a better gun.

20210822_152014.jpg

20210822_152027.jpg

Reactions: bf1956 and aaroncr
To the best of my knowledge the Goudy style was only offered on the R1. The Hw80s i remember only had the abbreviated stocks that didn't cover the whole breech block. I find them functional but ugly.

It's the reason I never bought a Hw80. I bought this R1 on a bender when it showed up on Fleabay. It's been for sale on and off. Not my favorite rifle. I personally think a R9/Hw95 is a better gun.

View attachment 411111

View attachment 411112
Yes, I understand they were only a Beeman option. But what i'm saying is I prefer that stock shape.
I agree with you on your take on the ugliness of the other stocks

That's true and who knows if somebody swap the barrel.
Then aoa lifetime warranty is a goner . That's why "there" guns have usa stamped on "there" guns barrel.. ( in my understanding on how that works with them ) heck they won't even honor the hw company 1 year on any sold outside of them. (Aoa).

So I always wondered how then are you a hw service reps in the USA . .. ya know . Ends up you fix best you can in the end overall . LoL