HW/Weihrauch HW77 Venom insanity on Gunbroker

Who could forget John Urich's photo of that airgun room? He passed sometime ago, and his collection was dismantled. I acquired some of those pieces. One that stands out is a custom thumbhole Logun Professional, probably made for him. I have different plans where I'll have a concrete gun vault dropped in with me so no one will be able to get to the guns.

Reactions: Barenger
Who could forget John Urich's photo of that airgun room? He passed sometime ago, and his collection was dismantled. I acquired some of those pieces. One that stands out is a custom thumbhole Logun Professional, probably made for him. I have different plans where I'll have a concrete gun vault dropped in with me so no one will be able to get to the guns.
I remember that!!!! Is Russ Best still living??? I had 35 Springers at one time. Nothing I would call major except for a AA pro elite in 22 and that Diana 48SL in .177
Rest were Air arms, Diana's, Beeman high-end items .....sold them all after I gotten bitten by the metal detecting bug ....but hey gold is money 🤑....

Sometimes buyers are willing to pay “above market price” for something very specific that they have been looking for for years. I can’t take more airguns into my home, but I’d probably make an exception for a longbow. Actually I saw a nice one a few months ago, but decided to pass(by letting another bidder bid higher). I regret that decision. It sold for considerably less than I would have paid for. If it was a venom longbow it would have been a war.

On the bright side there is a happy camper out there with that rifle now. (Seller didn’t know anything about that rifle).

The seller (LSB) often gets 50-100% above similar items from other sellers similar listings and I wonder how many of their employees are also bidders.
LS&B photos are excellent and help get top dollar. IMO their assessment of condition is very fair and their photos have no owner-bias, i.e., don't try to hide anything. LS&B has a reputation to uphold and IMO the percentage of any extra dollars made by unscrupulous advertising is not in their best interest. I bought a FWB 300 SU from them some time back and it was everything and more than I expected (which is to say looked unused, nearly perfect).

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
LS&B photos are excellent and help get top dollar. IMO their assessment of condition is very fair and their photos have no owner-bias, i.e., don't try to hide anything. LS&B has a reputation to uphold and IMO the percentage of any extra dollars made by unscrupulous advertising is not in their best interest. I bought a FWB 300 SU from them some time back and it was everything and more than I expected (which is to say looked unused, nearly perfect).
I've bought from them several times before. Some rare or desirable guns, too. Sometimes I was determined to win and paid the price. Never thought or complained about "fairness". I'm the one that placed the max bid for the items I bought.
Same with eBay or other auctions. It's put up or shut up.
Have a blessed day!

I've bought from them several times before. Some rare or desirable guns, too. Sometimes I was determined to win and paid the price. Never thought or complained about "fairness". I'm the one that placed the max bid for the items I bought.
Same with eBay or other auctions. It's put up or shut up.
Have a blessed day!
I must agree.

Reactions: RM100GUY