HW/Weihrauch HW77 Venom insanity on Gunbroker

I can think of worse ways to spend $2k
There you are, a manufactures gun modded and restocked for $2k. Not bespoke but off the shelf polished and smoothed over and a pretty piece of wood.. Its the namesake That sells. I am not a collector. I use all of my guns as well as some Venom ones
colleciting air rifles and not shooting them is as bad as not doing your wife ,to save her for the next guy. 😉

There you are, a manufactures gun modded and restocked for $2k. Not bespoke but off the shelf polished and smoothed over and a pretty piece of wood.. Its the namesake That sells. I am not a collector. I use all of my guns as well as some Venom ones
colleciting air rifles and not shooting them is as bad as not doing your wife ,to save her for the next guy. 😉
As someone who collects them I agree. Not shooting them is just wrong. Keeping them locked up in a safe 24/7 is even worse. But yeah, the first thing I thought of when I saw this post was your post. I really cannot imagine you couldn't sell yours for what you think you'd need to. Once a couple get into peoples hands and they make their way into the public eye at FT matches and whatnot, people are going to start knocking at your door for one of their own I think.

My Wife would laugh at the next guy after 40 years with me....I watched that auction also as a good friend got beat out of it...I always bristle when admonished to shoot collectable guns....Some of these guns are nigh on to impossible even to fine...FOR ANY PRICE, and getting harder to service every day. If you were astonished at 2k for that Venom, just wait if EVER an SLR88 goes up for auction...better bring your lunch, you won't have to wonder who's bidden' against you! Not gunna' shoot it either...Why do you think my wife let's me buy these expensive toys...2k is a bargain for some of these hard to find ones.

Market manipulation is not a new concept ... sold for $1900.00
I smell something rotten as well .... could just be my own feet :LOL:
I’ve dealt with the seller before and never had an issue, but I notice bidders with no feedback or very little seem to drive prices pretty high on their stuff. Could just be because they start their auctions a .01, no reserve, but in my experience of being on GB for over 20 years, they usually drop out early

Reactions: Ievgen721
Price was high, but seller didn't really know what he was selling: Hull Cartridge marketed early 25mm piston K length Venom tuned gun with early version CS stock with pretty good figure, nice scope, Venom or Airmasters moderator, in somewhat used but not abused condition.
I'd assume it really a Venom gun and not just labelled as such, (those labels are being reproduced I believe)?
Someone got an interesting airgun but at a high price?

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
Examine the pictures closely and note the presence of the entire breech seal stuffed into the breech end of the barrel in one picture.
Possibly caused by dry firing the rifle? Would that even matter?

Venom HW 77 owners just got a benchmark price to steer towards, and there may be more examples pop up on the market as a result.
looks a lot more like pellets than breech seal to me...

...yup, pellets...but seller didn't really know what he's selling, and removed the pellets on later photos?
Who really knows what your getting when you win that sorta airgun?
looks a lot more like pellets than breech seal to me...

Wasn't that scope a non-airgun scope; I thought airgun scopes are made with "AO" for adjustable objective feature???

Reactions: Ievgen721
If it helps the scope and mounts are worth $500+ the stock $500- so say $900- Venon name $200.Stock used HW77 $350+Should be more like $1200-$1400, me I would pay $800.Yes, a bidding war with rich people or they got caught up in the bidding war.
if i handled the rifle and possibly shot it yes i could see $800

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
...yup, pellets...but seller didn't really know what he's selling, and removed the pellets on later photos?
Who really knows what your getting when you win that sorta airgun?

Wasn't that scope a non-airgun scope; I thought airgun scopes are made with "AO" for adjustable objective feature???

AO has nothing to do with being an airgun rated scope...

Reactions: scottblair