HW77 & HW77K

When I find a springer I really like I try to get it in all the calibers. I have the HW97k in all 4 calibers, the HW90/RX2 in all calibers, and the D54/D56 in all calibers (not sure if there is a 20-cal version). I have all except a 22 LGV in the LGU/LGV master pro series. Now I'm targeting the HW77. I have the 177 and I just preordered the 22 cal special edition. I'm sure that will take months to arrive.

Who else operates like this and what are the guns you have and which calibers are you missing?

Just curious, do you shoot them all? Do you end up with a favorite caliber in each platform? Is it the same caliber in every model?
Yes I shoot them. With the HW97k the 20 & 25 are my favorites. At 35 yards my 22 cal LGU is hands down my most accurate springer. It will match any of my PCPs at that distance.

I feel certain models perform better in certain calibers. Others perform fine in some calibers but don't fit my shooting style or ability. The only rifle I have kept in multiple calibers are the HW95 family guns. I have one in 177, two in 20 and one in 22. I think these rifles do all these calibers well. My preference is 20 cal until the pellet supply dries up.

I'm mostly a .177 guy in my springers. Have one .20 cal now that I just happened into, wouldn't have chosen it on purpose. Have a couple .22s that are mostly expensive garbage.

Personally I think most models have a particular caliber that they are most suited for. And in that same model a certain caliber may be mostly impractical or not shoot nearly as well. That being the case, I tend to buy the caliber the model is best suited for.

Seems silly to me to have the same model in 4 calibers. I'd never use them all.

If Weihrauch could make a .22 barrel that wasn't closer to a .23 caliber, I'd probably buy a couple or more in .22 though.

Personally I think most models have a particular caliber that they are most suited for. And in that same model a certain caliber may be mostly impractical or not shoot nearly as well. That being the case, I tend to buy the caliber the model is best suited for.

Seems silly to me to have the same model in 4 calibers. I'd never use them all.
The only purpose I use them for is the joy of shooting. As far as certain calibers being better suited for a certain gun, I've discovered that after finding the best pellet that works in a certain gun and the best hold, they are pretty close in accuracy. The only gun I haven't been able to shoot as accurately as I want is a 25 cal Webly Patriot. I still have a few pellets I haven't been able to test in it as of yet.

If it's silly to you - just don't get all the calibers in the same model.

Yes I shoot them. With the HW97k the 20 & 25 are my favorites. At 35 yards my 22 cal LGU is hands down my most accurate springer. It will match any of my PCPs at that distance.
I have all the 97’s as well. And you’re dead on the money .25 was my favorite till I got the .20. I really enjoy shooting all the calibres because they all shoot different, that’s the challenge. The .25’s cal. are really cool because their easy to see, especially when shooting under lites.
I definitely like having all the cal. The 77 .25 cal. another fav. , always reaching for it. Need the .20 in 77’s.
I’ve had a 98 .25 on order since Fisher raved about his, as well as the .20 cal. Just not available in Canada.
My LGU is killer as well. No modifications.
I’m only missing a few Weihrauch’s. Have all the Air Arms as well. Pro Sports really stand out in all ways. Crow

I have a TX200 regular length in 177 & the Hunter Carbine in 22. I shoot left-hand and both are right- hand. I think both are still in the break-in period. The 177 has a new vortek kit installed and the 22 is fairly new. I put on neoprene covers on the stocks and cheek risers so I can shoot them without the sharp edges of the stock don't feel uncomfortable.

I completely get the appeal of trying the same gun in different calibers, especially if you are building a nice collection. But having tried a few HW’s in .22, I decided that .177 was the better option for me. All of my guns except my R7s are de-tuned a bit from factory power. I like the milder shot cycle and improved accuracy, and 10fpe-12fpe is plenty of power for my usage. So all of my spring guns are, and will remain, .177 going forward. When I want/need a .22 with more power, I grab a PCP.
R

I'm not a hunter nor am I a serious target shooter. When I'm not shooting springers in my backyard, I set small reactive targets out to 75 -100 yards and shoot them
You should try the smaller caliber springers at those distances. You'll piss yourself laughing when you hit with them.

Probably the most fun I've had was consistently hitting a small V8 juice can at 85 yards. That was with my 177 HW50 with a 4x32 and JSB 8.44s. I've also tore up beer cans at 100 yards with my scoped HW30. But beer cans make less noise and are substantially larger than the V8 juice can. I can't wait to get settled into my AR home and see if I can hit cans or spinners even further out.

Of course this sitting at table with little wind. Still a ton of fun. Give it a whirl.

I lucked out and my .177 HW30 and .22 HW50 have basically the same shot trajectory. Both are going 650ish. Same hold over/unders. The .177 with eight fpe zips right through the can. The .22 with 13 fpe crashes into the can like a freight train. The .22 will destroy a can in half the shots of .177.

Air rifles are like tools, each one for a specific task. Can never have too many said no man ever.

You should try the smaller caliber springers at those distances. You'll piss yourself laughing when you hit with them.

Probably the most fun I've had was consistently hitting a small V8 juice can at 85 yards. That was with my 177 HW50 with a 4x32 and JSB 8.44s. I've also tore up beer cans at 100 yards with my scoped HW30. But beer cans make less noise and are substantially larger than the V8 juice can. I can't wait to get settled into my AR home and see if I can hit cans or spinners even further out.

Of course this sitting at table with little wind. Still a ton of fun. Give it a whirl.
I stretch out my R7 20 cal and my HW30 177 cal just like the more powerful guns. Today I'm going to shoot more pcps because for the past 3 weeks it's been springers only. So 200+ yards. I'm still going to take a couple of springers out.

When I find a springer I really like I try to get it in all the calibers. I have the HW97k in all 4 calibers, the HW90/RX2 in all calibers, and the D54/D56 in all calibers (not sure if there is a 20-cal version). I have all except a 22 LGV in the LGU/LGV master pro series. Now I'm targeting the HW77. I have the 177 and I just preordered the 22 cal special edition. I'm sure that will take months to arrive.

Who else operates like this and what are the guns you have and which calibers are you missing?
If pistols in various calibres are allowed then I have

HW45 Mk1 .177 which shoots the best at over 5 FPE with little recoil
HW45 .22 Which has around 5 FPE with the same recoil as the above mk1
and a new HW45 Bronze Star that has a much higher kick than the other two and much less FPE which is crap! even after cleaning out the factory lube AND shooting a few tins of pellets through it.
It really needs stripping down and tuning.

I also have an old HW 77 long Barrel .22
HW99 SFS Imp .22 which shoots amazing!
HW30s .177

I have a HW77k in .22 and a HW77k special edition in .22

Really like them.

One for shooting open sights and the other one for shooting with a scope. That is now a Optisan Viper 10X44
20170121_134401.jpg

I have a HW77k in .22 and a HW77k special edition in .22

Really like them.

One for shooting open sights and the other one for shooting with a scope. That is now a Optisan Viper 10X44 View attachment 414367
I really like that laminate version, I don't see many of those around. I have the green laminate 77K.
I first saw the red laminate when Giles reviewed one on the Air Gun Gear Show.