• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW77 .22 energy level

So I got myself a HW77 .22 a couple of weeks back. Just wondering about power levels and what is to be expected. All the YouTube people are telling me 20ftlbs is the norm. However I’m getting 14 ftlbs, accuracyis outstanding. Better than my “tuned TX200”. So I don’t really care about power but I am curious as to what actual numbers are to non-YouTube people.

So I got myself a HW77 .22 a couple of weeks back. Just wondering about power levels and what is to be expected. All the YouTube people are telling me 20ftlbs is the norm. However I’m getting 14 ftlbs, accuracyis outstanding. Better than my “tuned TX200”. So I don’t really care about power but I am curious as to what actual numbers are to non-YouTube people.

Here is an HW97 22cal I just tuned last month.

Reactions: Northwoods22
All of the responses are exactly what is was expecting to hear thank you all for responding. I never expected the rifle to be above 16ftlbs and the 14 that mine is making is exactly what I thought was to be expected.

What an excellent creation the HW77 is and I swear after 500 pellets through it and me doing my part, I will put it up to my FX M3 .22 at 30 yards any day of the week. This rifle totally rekindled my appreciation of a quality spring rifle, no tune required!!!

Here is an HW97 22cal I just tuned last month.

Those are big numbers! But yes, unturned, more like 14-15 foot pounds = 20 Joules

That's about right:).

I have the Vortek PG4 kit installed in my HW77. Shoots the Baracuda Match 10.65 452's right around 850 fps. Very nice platform and easy to cock. Tried the 13 grain pellets and it did not like them at all.
Wow! That's honking for a 177 HW77. Thats 17 fpe which is pretty stout for a 22 HW77. All my springers lose lots of power with Barracuda Match's. What's that thing do with 8.44? Supersonic?

My 97 with a Vortek kit made about 15 and a 22 HW97 I did for a friend made about 16 with a Vortek kit. I cut mine down to 14 fpe because I wanted accuracy over power.