• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW75 Modification

Probably should go on the pistol forum but it was discussed here on a post just recently. The HW75 is one of my favorite pistols. I do shoot the actual 1911 quite frequently and like to keep my handling instincts fresh. The target grip that comes standard on the 75 is very nice. Fits me a bit tight but not uncomfortable. For target shooting, I like it. Fills my extra large hands. I do not think Weihrauch offers the 75 like the 45 in the standard 1911 grip frame. When the 75 first came out I did get one and made this same modification. Probably 30 years ago. A dear, now departed friend got it off me. I regret selling it and acquired one several years ago. Finally, just finished the modification on this one also. An option for anyone with a HW75. Added a trigger adjustment hole in the extension so the trigger can be adjusted without removing the grips or extension.
74D32250-B483-44DA-8DAA-D8E3214AF5E9.jpeg
EE6255DE-EE44-4932-B105-C78F5999A5DE.jpeg

yes i had done one in wood because it was quick and easy and the other guy on the UK forum had brought it up so we race to the finish
now of course aluminum would be my choice also but this could be 3D printed in heart beat and did i need to make it nope i have a Beeman P2 with and full length grip
so wood, aluminum or 3d printed it can be done but it has some thinking involve

and the HW45 and HW75 frames are not interchangeable
SAM_0534.JPG
SAM_0535.JPG
SAM_0536.JPG
SAM_0538.JPG
SAM_0539.JPG
SAM_0540.JPG
SAM_0541.JPG
SAM_0542.JPG
SAM_0545.JPG
SAM_0546.JPG

the grips on the HW45 and HW75 in the short frame configuration are different
the HW45 uses 2 screws because of the hammer spring is in the center of the frame
whereas the HW75 use just the center screw to hold the grip
now what you see here is the rare case of a P1 and P2 sitting side by side
you will see that the pin holes are not the same in the rear of the pistol
added my HW75 to show that the pin holes on the P2 and HW75 are the same

it is very slight but enough
size is the same

the story goes that Bob Beeman asked Weihrauch to make him and pistol and it was to be a SSp and so they did but it was not a SSP but a spring pistol and that pistol became the P1 but Beeman still wanted the SSP and so they made that pistol and it became the P2
and that is why the frames are the same in size i would guess

SAM_0665.JPG
SAM_0666.JPG

SAM_0659.JPG
SAM_0660.JPG
SAM_0661.JPG
SAM_0662.JPG
SAM_0663.JPG

Last edited:
55 years ago I carried a Colt 1911 for Uncle Sam. I'm not a big guy, but back then the grips seemed just fine, as if I even imagined choices. Today my carry pistol is a Springfield Arms Garrison 1911, 9mm; not only does it fit my grip better, but it doesn't kick like a mule either. Just for old times sake however, I do own a Colt 1911 MS 177 pellet gun too. I'm afraid that, like so many Umarex clones, it doesn't shoot all that straight.

Reactions: TXRMike
55 years ago I carried a Colt 1911 for Uncle Sam. I'm not a big guy, but back then the grips seemed just fine, as if I even imagined choices. Today my carry pistol is a Springfield Arms Garrison 1911, 9mm; not only does it fit my grip better, but it doesn't kick like a mule either. Just for old times sake however, I do own a Colt 1911 MS 177 pellet gun too. I'm afraid that, like so many Umarex clones, it doesn't shoot all that straight.
I love the 1911. Have many. Both 9&45. Really enjoy the 9’s. This is another Umarex 1911. Tangfolio Witness. It’s a C02 BB gun with blow back action. It’s a blast to shoot soda cans. Pretty darn accurate for what it is. I did a distressed finish on it. Added Walnut grips. I keep it in my fathers WWII memorabilia collection as a placeholder while the Colt is in the safe. My grandsons like to shoot it and someday they will get the collection. It will help them remember grandpa and great grandpa. (whom they never met)
DF5865A1-7014-41DB-AEBD-BD1312233763.jpeg

Probably should go on the pistol forum but it was discussed here on a post just recently. The HW75 is one of my favorite pistols. I do shoot the actual 1911 quite frequently and like to keep my handling instincts fresh. The target grip that comes standard on the 75 is very nice. Fits me a bit tight but not uncomfortable. For target shooting, I like it. Fills my extra large hands. I do not think Weihrauch offers the 75 like the 45 in the standard 1911 grip frame. When the 75 first came out I did get one and made this same modification. Probably 30 years ago. A dear, now departed friend got it off me. I regret selling it and acquired one several years ago. Finally, just finished the modification on this one also. An option for anyone with a HW75. Added a trigger adjustment hole in the extension so the trigger can be adjusted without removing the grips or extension.View attachment 408338View attachment 408339
Coooool!!!! You could rename it "HW45 Recoilless"

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling