• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Finally 
AF3A7835-6291-4865-8B4E-2D708F490BAD.1644706171.jpeg
 got my HW70 out. Sweet pistol. Easy to cock, only one needed. Fun gun to shoot. Accurate.
My question… Can you work on these pistols, same as rifles?
Do they have spring kits for this gun?

Crow

Excellent pistol but no after sale tuning products.

In answer to your question can it be internally modified like an air rifle internals….sure….i've done one but only if you are skilled, you can however, get a smooth 460 fps with lighter pellets stock…I could have given you 490 fps if on UK soil…..but its still a good 50 fps up on a P2/P3/17 SSP stock.

Order your self a 3/8 inch nylon washer from RS and place it over the guide rod or down inside the piston with the mainspring on top.

It will take out rotational thrust from the mainspring and add a mild compression for about 15 fps…A steel one down inside the piston will add the same compression but also add a bit of weight for about 20 fps…Hold the Moly, its too tacky in pistols and slows them…use Superlube PTFE grease ..does not usually diesel in the lighter compressions of pistols and much more slippy …best i can do you if it doing it yourself….it will still out shoot a Tempest for fun..

This is a timely thread for me. I have an HW70 that my dad purchased in the late 70's (pre safety switch) and hasn't been shot since probably 1980. I got about 254 fps w/ AA10.5 and 286 fps w/JSB 8.44 over the chronograph today. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get it back to original output. I expect the main spring is likely soft but not sure about the piston seal condition.

This is a timely thread for me. I have an HW70 that my dad purchased in the late 70's (pre safety switch) and hasn't been shot since probably 1980. I got about 254 fps w/ AA10.5 and 286 fps w/JSB 8.44 over the chronograph today. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get it back to original output. I expect the main spring is likely soft but not sure about the piston seal condition.

If the main spring and seals are still good it probably just needs a good clean and lube.

Hello, new member here. I joined here specifically because I need help disassembling my 40 year old HW70. It is a super accurate easy to handle pistol, but unfortunately it has been sitting unused for over 30 years and it no longer has any power (got married, had kids). Is there a documented procedure for disassembly? The piston seal (PW080) needs replaced and I cannot figure out to get the piston out. Already took out the mainspring but don't want to do any more until I know I am not going to mess something up by forcing or worse, not be able to reassemble. Any help would be much appreciated. I have time to play with it now and want to get it back in service. Thanks.

@crowski Hello! I see you have had your HW70 for about a year. A couple of questions for you or anyone else who cares to chime in. I have been having a lot of fun with the HW44 and the HW40. How does the HW45 and HW70 compare to SSP pistols?

1. How do you like the pistol after having it for a year?
2. Did you put an optic on it or did you keep it with iron sights?
3. What pellet does it like?
4. How does it compare to other pistols like the HW45?
5. Which model to chose, the HW70 or HW45 for a springer pistol?

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Reactions: crowski
@crowski Hello! I see you have had your HW70 for about a year. A couple of questions for you or anyone else who cares to chime in. I have been having a lot of fun with the HW44 and the HW40. How does the HW45 and HW70 compare to SSP pistols?

1. How do you like the pistol after having it for a year?
2. Did you put an optic on it or did you keep it with iron sights?
3. What pellet does it like?
4. How does it compare to other pistols like the HW45?
5. Which model to chose, the HW70 or HW45 for a springer pistol?

Thanks to everyone in advance!
After a year I would be lucky to have 75 rounds through it. Half of them today.,
I left the iron sights on it. Not sure on which optics. I bought the 45 because it had the sights. The 70 didn’t, but has a nice muzzle end.
I generally use JSB 8.44 or 7.34.
It’s not as powerful as the P1 or P11
It’s a fun pistol, easy to cock and load. Great for plinking or target. No game.
‘If your putting a scope on it the 70 for sure. Looks way better.
‘Crow

Reactions: maxtrouble
The 70 is sort of a half way house between the comical recoil of the P1 (rear moving piston guns incl Webleys have a recoil which dips at the muzzle and to the the right) and the zero recoil of the 40.
In terms of power it is also a halfway house between the power of a P1 and a 40…typically hitting approx 460 fps in good order.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Sometimes you just get lucky. For a time AOA was selling the HW70A Black Arrow with the Weihrauch 2X20 scope together. I ordered and got the last one. Later, they had a new shipment of the pistols, but no scope or open sights. And the scopes are just over $150. It is a great package. AOA must have rethought selling the pistol with the scope included.

HW70BlackArrow.jpg