• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Just received this HW70 .177. Nice little break barrel pistol. 
F9B93F00-0CEE-4114-9AB5-5DD493D2F149.1643147727.jpeg
 Looking forward to playing with this one. Crow

JUST got one of those (used, part of a lot) a couple days ago. Cleaning it up now for eBay or whatever. Thought I'd hunt around for info and landed here.

NICE gun, really pristine and well taken-care of. I'm the 2nd owner. It was born circa 1986.
Shot it a few times after nearly soaking it in some lube, cleaning, etc. Plus a few youtube videos to get more familiar. Appears to be the earlier edition, without the auto-safety.

I just have too many guns and if I don't use it, I sell/trade for something I will. More a rifle guy I guess. :)

Anyway, a quick snap of the little gem as it sits at the moment...

hw70beemanpistol80s_001.1646022032.jpg

The 70 (in its various guises) is a good pistol. I have tuned a number for shooters. It benefits of having a less complex recoil than the 45 which allows better accuracy shot off hand…being easier to shoot. The 45 will match it when shot from a rested position, proving it has the potential to have the same accuracy, but requires more practice and consistency of hold to get there.

The 45 comes into its own, due to 100 fps more power with most pellets.

The 70 can be tuned with a 3mm thick slip ring inside the piston to add a slight pre- load as it is slightly too under pre-load ….giving 460 -470 fps with most 8 grain pellets. It likes Hobby and Air Arms Express. It does not like long bodies pellets.

The 45 likes Hobby also and loves JSB exact 8.4 but not so much the lighter variant RS or express….you need to keep the pellet in the short barrel longer to get the most out of all that compression…so go a little heavier….Hobby work because they seal tight.

Avoid lube in the 45 as it will just detonate….it will not wear out anyway and the teflon seal does not require lube….just shoot it

Keep the lube for the 70, it does not generate enough heat for detonation. Superlube PTFE is perfect….keep moly out of pistols it slows them.