• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW70 Range Time

Picked up a HW70 from Airguns of Arizona and took it out for a spin today. Tried a few pellets and the H&N Terminators had the best results at 10 and 20 yards. Typical Wiehrauch, cocking rotation is very smooth and the trigger has a very consistent two stage release. Feels like a HW30 in pistol form, easy to shoot and very accurate out to twenty yards.
28DE5F81-885F-4BC7-98E7-14F5CDBB1620.jpeg

Yep, also own a HW70. Had it for several years and I can totally agree with your assessment of it. It is a smooth cocking, accurate (within its limits) break barrel pistol with a good trigger.
It’s my backyard pistol that I get out after dinner and shoot a handful of pellets thru. Standing hold I can get 1.5 inch groups at 15 yards probably better if I was sitting at my bench. Same black on black finish as yours. It’s a pleasure to shoot. It’s fun to walk around and shoot leaves with in the fall.
Now that it’s breaking-in, it’s getting smoother in the shooting cycle.

Reactions: maxtrouble
The stock pistol's shot cycle is pretty smooth. If anything it keeps getting smoother as it breaks in. I am hitting cans at 20 yards with ease.
It is a really accurate little gun. It will hit shot shells at 25 yards from the bench, but I am on the edge of maxing the sights elevation.

Screenshot_20220314-072807_Gallery.jpg

It is a really accurate little gun. It will hit shot shells at 25 yards from the bench, but I am on the edge of maxing the sights elevation.

View attachment 351298
One complaint comes to mind on my HW70. That is that the sights are too tight for me, with regard to the width of the front post and rear slot not allowing enough light past. I use a white background to help see them.

Screenshot_20230426_080142_YouTube.jpg

Another session with the HW70 today. Twelve to fifteen mile an hour winds with sudden lulls. Very fun shot cycle, the trigger has really smoothed out. I was able to hit a two inch circle with holding for wind speed at twenty yards. Based upon the damage to the cardboard box, anything under five pounds is DRT.

Really nice pistol with typical Weihrach qualities. This is the HW30 in pistol form.