Beeman HW70/Beeman Early pre safety arrived

just arrived in an old Beeman soft case.
I shot it a bit and have orderd seals from Maccari as the breech one was soft and I figured might as well do a piston while I'm at it.
I shot about 20 shots and besides the breech end kinda "fat" and pellets needed a bit of a seat it's a nice little pistol.Trigger not what my HW75 is but so is life.

any advice working on these?

20231003_163326.jpg

20231003_163338.jpg

Last edited:
Hay guy i no ya love that gun,i just want to tell you the early one,s had a problem with the rear plug poping out"a guy was shooting the air pistol and the plug came out, poped him in the eye,Then they started drilling a hole in the side and putting a long allen in their to keep stable.Iv had one they are good"
thanks for the plug info.
When did Beeman import these early ones?

The hw70 pistol is fun to shoot. It has the feel of a small R7 when shootin.

@houston - I agree completely. I have the regular HW70 and the HW70 Black Arrow. Normal shooting distance is 20 yards and it dishes out some serious what for on cans. I get a healthy three foot pounds of energy with H&N Terminators. When there is no wind I can hit a coffee can at 80 yards with the Black Arrow. 😀

Reactions: .20calguy
92 you say? I would have sworn mine was purchased in the eighties.
The plug has a lock screw in it.
Mine has a serious amount of ammo through it and holds its own against my SSPs with open sights.
Screenshot_20220314-072807_Gallery.jpg

I've had mine damaged when "someone" thought it would be fun to shoot a Dremel bit from it. I repaired it without polishing the pump chamber. It lasted about ten tins before its performance fell off.
Now I have a new spring, and piston to install and I'll need to polish the scratched chamber this time. I hope I don't end up with a wall hanger.

received_749951129913209.jpeg

To remove the plug I used a socket with eight pieces of solid copper wire taped to it. I constructed a spring compressor from things I had handy.

Another problem I had with my HW70, as well as another member here, was the trigger not completely disengaging when fired.
I have a video of that issue that I had previously posted.

That issue has not yet been resolved, even though I changed all the trigger springs out, and played with the trigger adjustments. To compensate for it I have to pull the trigger twice.