HW50S Ring Height

think what would be the most comfortable to use offhand.32mm bell is no problem for ring heights.
My HW50 has barrel droop so I needed an droop compensator,that brought up the ring Height,that is ok as I have a long neck.
Pick up your 50 and get a comfortable hold and sight picture,now where is you head,do you have to bring it up,how much,that should help you figuring out what height rings to get.

Thanks for your response. I measured for for barrel droop with a level app on my phone. When comparing the barrel to the receiver, it was only 0.3 degrees difference on one and 0.2 degrees difference on the other. If the app/phone is at all accurate I don't think I will need droop compensation. I do agree, that I should mock up a ring spacer of some sort and give it a visual test. I am leaning towards medium height rings as I am fairly tall and " long necked" as well. There are no Sportsmatch OP25C med height rings in stock in Canada at this time, so I'm in no rush. I would just like to get it right the first time. Thanks again for your assistance.

Reactions: boscoebrea
It's not a Vortex, but I mounted a Bug Buster with a 32mm objective on my HW50S using Sportsmatch medium height 2pc rings and it gave me a little over 1/8" clearance between the receiver and scope. My rifle has no droop. The height dimensions of the one piece and two piece Sportsmatch rings are the same.

Nice and low, but enough clearance for the AO-

sun1 2.JPG

Reactions: beerthief
It's not a Vortex, but I mounted a Bug Buster with a 32mm objective on my HW50S using Sportsmatch medium height 2pc rings and it gave me a little over 1/8" clearance between the receiver and scope. My rifle has no droop. The height dimensions of the one piece and two piece Sportsmatch rings are the same.

Nice and low, but enough clearance for the AO-

View attachment 419093
Nice setup. As I mentioned, I'm leaning towards medium 1 piece Sportsmatch rings. I'm also planning on hand stitching some shooting sandbags out of leather to enhance the shooting experience. Can't wait until spring time, it won't come fast enough!

Reactions: Northwoods22