HW50S in .20 caliber?

A HW50 in 20 call is a very nice combination. For me 600 pellets isn't enough of a reason to buy a gun. Especially one that uses pellets that can be expensive and hard to find. I can go through that many pellets in one gun in a weekend. A 20 cal HW50 is an excellent combination, but buy the rifle on merits that are important to you. Not because you have a few pellets. I'm sure there's people here that'd love to purchase your stock of 600 Crosman 20s. A HW50 in 177 or 22 would be cheaper and easier to feed. My preference for that gun is 177. That's only my preference, other people have theirs.

A HW50 in 20 call is a very nice combination. For me 600 pellets isn't enough of a reason to buy a gun. Especially one that uses pellets that can be expensive and hard to find. I can go through that many pellets in one gun in a weekend. A 20 cal HW50 is an excellent combination, but buy the rifle on merits that are important to you. Not because you have a few pellets. I'm sure there's people here that'd love to purchase your stock of 600 Crosman 20s. A HW50 in 177 or 22 would be cheaper and easier to feed. My preference for that gun is 177. That's only my preference, other people have theirs.
I really just want a HW50S and thought maybe a .20 caliber might be a fun caliber. Charles

I really just want a HW50S and thought maybe a .20 caliber might be a fun caliber. Charles
It is subjective but I like the .20 cal's for their trajectory, and stopping power, over .177 or .22, at the speed that most springers that were designed to shoot them performed.
I also really like Weihrauch guns.

The HW50S is often the winner in my mind for the “if you could only have one air rifle” thought experiment. Small, lightweight and accurate. Relatively easy to cock and still packs a reasonable punch. In .20 caliber it’s absolutely superb. That said, I also have an R9 (HW95) in .20 caliber that is pretty amazing as well. At any rate, it’s hard for me to think that anyone could go wrong with an HW50.

Jay

At the end of the day, it's your money and your choice. You want a .20 cal, by all means buy one. Pellets may get scarce at times but they are out there, you just have to keep your eyes open and buy when the retailers have them.
It's not the be all/end all caliber, but it does still have a fan base even if that base is a small one.

I have over 600 Crosman .20 caliber pellets and am thinking of getting a HW50S in this caliber. Good idea or bad? Any one with a model HW50S input would be helpful. Also why does the .20 caliber seem to not being as popular today, as it was many years ago? Charles
nobody ask b4 so .................... in your style of shooting , How long will 600 pellets last ? friend of mine thinks a tin (500 ) will last him maybe two months or more,. My tins last about 1 to two sessions.

At the end of the day, it's your money and your choice. You want a .20 cal, by all means buy one. Pellets may get scarce at times but they are out there, you just have to keep your eyes open and buy when the retailers have them.
It's not the be all/end all caliber, but it does still have a fan base even if that base is a small one.
I maintain a good supply of .20 cal ammo.
Availability is still decent but, I don't see them with Crosman, and Benjamin, like twenty years ago. On the other hand they weren't as accessible from JSB, H&N, and all the other companies that you see now.
Robert Beeman, sold a good many .20 cal springers back in his hayday, and there is still a bunch of Sheridan shooters out their as well. So demand will find its supply.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
If you are planning to shoot a tin (500) or more a month I would get a .177...I'm feeding two .20 cals an HW97 and a Huntsman PCP...but I've had .20cal pellets stock piled for years and years...I don't think I would commit to a .20 cal these days...H&N's in .20 seem to be particularly hard to find...the 11.42 FFT's work great in my guns...I would and did stock pile for whatever cal I get....177's are just a magnitude easier to find.

I maintain a good supply of .20 cal ammo.
Availability is still decent but, I don't see them with Crosman, and Benjamin, like twenty years ago. On the other hand they weren't as accessible from JSB, H&N, and all the other companies that you see now.
Robert Beeman, sold a good many .20 cal springers back in his hayday, and there is still a bunch of Sheridan shooters out their as well. So demand will find its supply.
Exactly. H&N and JSB might be a little slow in making them with other calibers being more popular, but they're not going to stop knowing there's still a quite large market for them.
I made it a habit back 5 years or so ago when I got the first of the now 9 rifles I have in .20 to either outright order pellets or add a couple tins to every pellet order (I also have guns in 3 other calibers) and have a pretty healthy stash. I'm also one of those Sheridan shooters you mentioned :)
Someone wants one, I always say go for it, buy and try one. End up deciding you're not a fan, there's always someone out there that will buy it from you.

Exactly. H&N and JSB might be a little slow in making them with other calibers being more popular, but they're not going to stop knowing there's still a quite large market for them.
I made it a habit back 5 years or so ago when I got the first of the now 9 rifles I have in .20 to either outright order pellets or add a couple tins to every pellet order (I also have guns in 3 other calibers) and have a pretty healthy stash. I'm also one of those Sheridan shooters you mentioned :)
Someone wants one, I always say go for it, buy and try one. End up deciding you're not a fan, there's always someone out there that will buy it from you.
9 😮
Thats awesome!
👍