HW/Weihrauch HW50s AoA vs Krale

Received a 50s from Krale a few weeks ago and it had an issue with the rear sight. HW forgot to put a spring on the adjustable rear sight notch piece. Sent an email with pictures to Krale the same day I received the rifle, a few days later I received a replacement rear sight assembly. This was the first issue I have had with an order from Krale, and it wasn't something they did but bad QC from HW. They covered it even though it was HW's problem, so 110% customer service satisfaction from me. Think the rifle was delivered in 3-4 days....

AOA didn't have the rifle in stock, but have bought many airguns and items from Krale and only one from AOA when they had a sale, a priced that matched Krale's. Years ago my previous HW supplier was in Canada but a company here whined too much and they stopped selling to US customers... It also didn't help that for the longest time AOA website was horrible to order anything until they updated it.

My 50s is .22 and has some droop. Received some ARH tune kits and Vortek seals for my HW's so will check the linkage when they are under the knife and, if everything looks good it will be barrel bending time...

Reactions: fishing43
Received a 50s from Krale a few weeks ago and it had an issue with the rear sight. HW forgot to put a spring on the adjustable rear sight notch piece. Sent an email with pictures to Krale the same day I received the rifle, a few days later I received a replacement rear sight assembly. This was the first issue I have had with an order from Krale, and it wasn't something they did but bad QC from HW. They covered it even though it was HW's problem, so 110% customer service satisfaction from me. Think the rifle was delivered in 3-4 days....

AOA didn't have the rifle in stock, but have bought many airguns and items from Krale and only one from AOA when they had a sale, a priced that matched Krale's. Years ago my previous HW supplier was in Canada but a company here whined too much and they stopped selling to US customers... It also didn't help that for the longest time AOA website was horrible to order anything until they updated it.

My 50s is .22 and has some droop. Received some ARH tune kits and Vortek seals for my HW's so will check the linkage when they are under the knife and, if everything looks good it will be barrel bending time...
To the best of my knowledge and my experience with a few drooping recent 50s, the droop isn't from linkage binding like the 95 family guns. The 95 family guns have a single cocking arm that binds on the breech notch edge. The 50 has an articulated two piece cocking arm that can't bind became of hinge in the middle. The last three new 50s I worked on all had droop. I didn't compare all the dimensions to my older droop free 50. There's alot of places it could originate from. If a barrel pivot hole or the breech step is off only a few thousandths of an inch you can get noticeable droop.

I simply bent the barrels upward. Luckily none of them were drooped excessive enough to make the needed bends noticeable.

Reactions: Sc0-
To the best of my knowledge and my experience with a few drooping recent 50s, the droop isn't from linkage binding like the 95 family guns. The 95 family guns have a single cocking arm that binds on the breech notch edge. The 50 has an articulated two piece cocking arm that can't bind became of hinge in the middle. The last three new 50s I worked on all had droop. I didn't compare all the dimensions to my older droop free 50. There's alot of places it could originate from. If a barrel pivot hole or the breech step is off only a few thousandths of an inch you can get noticeable droop.

I simply bent the barrels upward. Luckily none of them were drooped excessive enough to make the needed bends noticeable.
Hi Ron, not trying to make work for you………but given your familiarity with barrel droop in general, and hw50s in particular, would you mind penning a brief tutorial on barrel bending? For example, how do you get leverage and do you anchor the breech or the crown end of the barrel? I’ve shimmed the scope on one of my hw50s, but suspect that is not a optimal fix. Thanks
R

Has anyone found their breech seal to be the cause of barrel droop?

A recently resealed 50S of mine had a significant drop in POI until I spent time fitting and sanding the breech seal. It was standing proud of the breech face by quite a bit.

Just a thought.
Yes. Some aftermarket seels are a tad long and can require a mm or 2 shaved off.. the breech seals i got from arh needed that .. seems hw stock ate 4.5mm long? Also how firm the seal material is from harder to soft to how they mash down when the breech is locked ..

Has anyone found their breech seal to be the cause of barrel droop?

A recently resealed 50S of mine had a significant drop in POI until I spent time fitting and sanding the breech seal. It was standing proud of the breech face by quite a bit.

Just a thought.
This is a very valid consideration. The Weihrauch breech seals are often too thick when new. They flatten with use or in some cases can be sanded down. Aftermarket breech seals are notorious for being even thicker and harder than the original Weihrauch. They often cause massive droop and lock up issues.

Many people have returned and maligned the Hw30s as having lock up issues from a weak ball detent. The culprit is a plump fresh breech seal. In time the seal flattens and the guns lock up perfectly.

A fresh Weihrauch seal is usually about 0.172". If they flatten just a few thousandths the guns lock up is determined by the metal to metal breech/comp tube step as designed. Most guns will lock up well enough new some need some use to flatten the seal.

The recent 50s I had with droop, still had droop with the seals removed so the culprit was some other dimension being off a hair.