HW/Weihrauch HW50s AoA vs Krale

When shipping is factored in they are roughly the same drive-out price. However, I can get a 22 cal in a couple of days from Krale, but I can pre-order a 20 cal from AoA but it will be a couple of months (based on my last pre-order) before the 20 cal arrives. Decisions, decisions. Another thing, I might find one at the upcoming Hickory Airgun show next month. So it might be better to just hold off.

Yeah Blackdiesel,
Krale used to be the hands down winner by $100/$150 after shipping .... back in 2016-2019 when I purchased all my Weihrauchs.
Not anymore, likely Weihrauch raised the cost on guns to Krale or they increased profit margins :unsure:.

However, Krale never carried any .20 caliber besides the HW97. AOA has always been more of a custom store for HW's allowing them to charge higher prices.

I'm sure there will be something at the Airgun show .......... I'd probably wait and see (y)

Will AOA charge you sales tax?
You can try to verify if it suffers from the droop issue if you see one at a show. Older ones didn't have droop but I keep hearing that new ones do. I just recently bought my second .177 HW50 used to avoid that issue but haven't had time to verify whether it does or doesn't yet. I'm told it's 1 1/2 years old so I think it won't.
I have one with a nice JM stock and the recent gun will get a Custom Stocks thumb hole with skip line checkers. I like the HW50s.
And 30's. And 95's. And 55's. Total of 12. Some are Beeman R's.

I ordered several HW guns from Krale, the last one was a HW50 that I had sent straight to John in PA, when he got into the gun the cocking arm had been ground down to try to stop it from rubbing the tube.
Obviously this was a used returned gun, that was the last gun I ordered from them.
Not worth it to me to try to deal with someone thousands of miles away, and now they are no cheaper.

Well aoa i guess if a issue easy recorse like rma or after sale help/ service.

Also aoa gives there hw a lifetime warranty outside hw 1 year . ( lots dont realize that with a aoa hw sold gun email them and ask )

Kral as long as you get a good gun is good , but if like me and the mail order lemon king thats a bit too much risk if somthings wrong..

Reactions: Frogy
I've ordered many guns from Krale (PCPs and springers) and never had any issues. West Hunter makes affordable adjustable scope mounts in dove tail and weaver so no worries about droop. I'm trying to balance my impatience vs my (want-not-need) for a 20 cal.
If it were me, I'd hold off and see what you find at the gun show.

Hw seems to be struggling hard . Bad time to buy one .. keeping any in stock just keeps being depleted not improving.. almost acting like a failing company.. then you got to wonder how the qc is or they just slapping anything together to remotely fill a order..

When your complete line up is near all out of stock everywhere or your on a month after month after month preorder .. lol.

Somthings bad wrong at hw ..

P.s just noticed now even the hw95 luxus is out of stock at 2 places .. now thats just bad to see ..

Without the price difference I'd definitely go AoA. Alot of new 50s have droop issues. Seen it in 177 and 22. Not sure, but your luck might be better in 20. It depends on what tolerance the droop comes from.
Yes, IMHO barrel droop is so overstated in German Breakbarrels ... unless it's a lock-up issue between the barrel/receiver.
Fix the problem by bending the barrel or minimizing the lock-up issue.

Drooper mounts/adjustable scope rings/scope shims are a Band Aide only to be constantly adjusted, costing $$$, inciting frustration and damaging scopes.

Yes, IMHO barrel droop is so overstated in German Breakbarrels ... unless it's a lock-up issue between the barrel/receiver.

Drooper mounts/adjustable scope rings/scope shims are a Band Aide only to be constantly adjusted, costing $$$, inciting frustration and damaging scopes.
I agree. I align barrels up, down, left and right all the time. However some guns will have enough droop the upward bend becomes noticeable. It doesn't affect accuracy but it is unsightly.

Maybe I'm super lucky. I have over 35 springers and all but 4 are German-made. I have 21 HW/Beeman springers and I have never had an issue with droop. The only springer I ever had with a droop issue was a used Walter Terrus that I got from gunbrokers.

Reactions: JDR
Maybe I'm super lucky. I have over 35 springers and all but 4 are German-made. I have 21 HW/Beeman springers and I have never had an issue with droop. The only springer I ever had with a droop issue was a used Walter Terrus that I got from gunbrokers.
Boy BlackDiesel,
I thought I was bad with 11 Springers (all HW's), but 35 is crazy o_O:).
I have 10 PCP's too - --, but ya gotta mix it up a bit.

- My Wife and Kids think I'm a little off too .... bye the way:unsure:.

I thought you were mainly into PCP's years ago? What happened?

Reactions: Ievgen721
Boy BlackDiesel,
I thought I was bad with 11 Springers (all HW's), but 35 is crazy o_O:).
I have 10 PCP's too - --, but ya gotta mix it up a bit.

- My Wife and Kids think I'm a little off too .... bye the way:unsure:.

I thought you were mainly into PCP's years ago? What happened?
I got into springers later. I used to say I didn't see why people still shot them. I have many PCPs also

Last edited:
Was never really a problem with Weihrauch. Used to be only the HW55 and 35 had it. Now I've been hearing complaints with the 50 lately. Doesn't bother me about the 35. I'll never own one anyway unless somebody gives me one and pays the shipping. One of my 55's has a scope so I modified the rings.
Anyhow, yeah, they say the 50's have droop now. Like this year's purchases mostly. That's why I bought my recent HW50 lightly used and unmodified except a Rowan brass trigger guard and straight trigger(anybody want them?). I will buy used but always prefer seller did not ever work on it.

Was never really a problem with Weihrauch. Used to be only the HW55 and 35 had it. Now I've been hearing complaints with the 50 lately. Doesn't bother me about the 35. I'll never own one anyway unless somebody gives me one and pays the shipping. One of my 55's has a scope so I modified the rings.
Anyhow, yeah, they say the 50's have droop now. Like this year's purchases mostly. That's why I bought my recent HW50 lightly used and unmodified except a Rowan brass trigger guard and straight trigger(anybody want them?). I will buy used but always prefer seller did not ever work on it.
Might be interested in those Rowan parts. Let me know. Thanks!