• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW50S .177 Silhouette Shooting

For any of you HW 50S shooters I've almost made my choice. In NRA air rifle silhouette the rams are usually back 45 yards. Would the HW 50S have enough juice to knock them down?
What size and weight are the rams. I've seen different scale silhouettes at the last airgun range I shot at. I'm not sure what's what in there sizing. The bigger size silhouettes approximately 10" and 1/4" thick steel will not likely topple from an Hw50 certainly not past 25 yards. The smaller scale silhouettes proximity 3" and 1/16" steel will go down..

A 22 model will topple silhouettes better but I'm not sure if they're legal. They'd certainly be harder to hit the target with due to their steeper trajectory.

Reactions: drjjpdc78
MyCap & North, Here are some dimensions for air rifle.

ALLOWABLE TARGET LINE WIDTH VARIATIONS FOR A SET OF 5 TARGETS
MINIMUM TO MAXIMUM
CHICKEN PIG Min.-Max. Min.-Max
Air Rifle 1’ to 2’ 3” 1’ 8” to 3’
TURKEY Min.-Max. RAM Min.-Max.
Air Rifle 1’ 5” to 3’ 0” 2’ 5” to 5’ 1”

Air gun Silhouette targets should be made from 1/8”inch thick cold rolled steel and heliarc welded to bases of the same material. I couldn't find individual weights but they are made from AR 500 steel. A set of 4 animals weighs about 8 oz total.

MyCap & North, Here are some dimensions for air rifle.

ALLOWABLE TARGET LINE WIDTH VARIATIONS FOR A SET OF 5 TARGETS
MINIMUM TO MAXIMUM
CHICKEN PIG Min.-Max. Min.-Max
Air Rifle 1’ to 2’ 3” 1’ 8” to 3’
TURKEY Min.-Max. RAM Min.-Max.
Air Rifle 1’ 5” to 3’ 0” 2’ 5” to 5’ 1”

Air gun Silhouette targets should be made from 1/8”inch thick cold rolled steel and heliarc welded to bases of the same material. I couldn't find individual weights but they are made from AR 500 steel. A set of 4 animals weighs about 8 oz total.
Air Rifle 1’ 5” to 3’ 0” 2’ 5” to 5’ 1"
Five foot? That's crazy. I could hit that with a slingshot and a hemisphelicral rock

Mycapt,

That was not how wide a turkey or a ram is. That is the line width variations for a set of 5 targets of one animal.
So the Rams could be 2'5" to 5'1" in a line for 5 rams. You also have to knock down 10 targets (5 on each side).

The chickens are 1" to 1 1/4" wide.

Here's a video from Ireland with chickens. It's a lot harder than it looks. Chickens are usually 20-25 yards from you.

Reactions: Frogy