HW/Weihrauch HW50S 125 year Limited Edition

I actually feel sorry for the OP. He proudly displayed his new purchase and most of you ate the idea alive. I hope he gets the last laugh when they are selling for big money next year. Laminate does have some real strength advantages as you will seldom find one broken at the neck in shipping. Now a gratuitous picture of my recently purchased off the wall laminate. Yes it’s factory standard circa 2004. I may need to buy one of those Weihrauch limiteds. Those two would go well together. Now if I can just figure out where the money for that one would come from!

IMG_1320.jpeg

Last edited:
I actually feel sorry for the OP. He proudly displayed his new purchase and most of you ate the idea alive. I hope he gets the last laugh when they are selling for big money next year. Laminate does have some real strength advantages as you will seldom find one broken at the neck in shipping. Now a gratuitous picture of my recently purchased off the wall laminate. Yes it’s factory standard circa 2004. I may need to buy one of those Weihrauch limiteds. Those two would go well together. Now if I can just figure out where the money for that one would come from!

View attachment 453167
You're right. I think we ignored the "Anyone else" in the OP's post. Hope he doesn't cancel his pre-order now. Your Feinwerkbau pistol is fabulous and looks great with the colored laminate. It also looks like something Captain Kirk would have drawn on a Klingon, lol. Modern wood goes good with modern gun designs. Sounds like a lot of us prefer more traditional wood colors and design on traditional guns. I will say that I saw an HW30 stock in gray laminate that I would like to have.

Last edited:
Anyone else snag a pre order from AOA on any of the limited HWs?

View attachment 452911
Sorry if i (and others) bad mouthed your new gun , I wasn't bad mouthing your purchase , i am sure it will be a great gun ,after all it is a Weihrauch !
Stan in KY

Sorry if i (and others) bad mouthed your new gun , I wasn't bad mouthing your purchase , i am sure it will be a great gun ,after all it is a Weihrauch !
Stan in KY
It’s all good I’m a big boy. I came from the PB world and been in airguns for over a year now. It’s funny as a newish hobbyist in airgun world the difference between traditional airgun users and PCP.
Break barrel crowd def seems to be way more traditional and more FUDDY.
People like what they like and the market will decide. No biggie

Regarding the OP’s question. If I was to ask this question, and had a deposit on one, I would be searching for honest feedback. Ultimately, these guns are investments. If the feedback I received was mostly negative, I would consider getting my deposit back. I would have to really like it and know it’s probably not a good future resale item. I don’t think anyone is trying to be ugly. Certainly not me. Opinions are just that. I owned a furniture store for over 40 years. I not only welcomed honest options, I survived on them.

From my experience, traditionally Weihrauch has used laminate stocks for Commemorative Editions.
Personally, I would like to have seen something in a more manly color.
This picture is similar in style to an old 55th Jubilee model HW35 I used to own. Crazy laminate. And of course the Centennial Edition 97k in green laminate....highly prized.
But red???? It puts the why in Weihrauch.

FC9AC31A-F6A1-457D-93FB-898174FED869.jpeg

Reactions: Dpbuckeye
Heard they look good in real life.

It probably looks breathtaking in real life. Personally, I've never been a big fan of laminate stocks. Then I found an as-new HW97K Blue Laminate at a price I couldn't resist. For a laminate, I thought it looked nice in photos. But in real life - wow! Even my wife said it looks like a piece of art. My bet is on you being very pleased with your purchase.

It probably looks breathtaking in real life. Personally, I've never been a big fan of laminate stocks. Then I found an as-new HW97K Blue Laminate at a price I couldn't resist. For a laminate, I thought it looked nice in photos. But in real life - wow! Even my wife said it looks like a piece of art. My bet is on you being very pleased with your purchase.
Not sure why anyone would care what others think about stocks anyways. If it looks cool to you that’s the one opinion that matters!

Funny how right after they announced that 18 year old grandson stepping in to the company look how cute hings are with them.. . Plumb disaster.. guns never available, stock changes, less available parts , ect.. almost acting like a failing company ... Lol
Possibly no guns are available because they are selling more than before.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty