• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW50 ratcheting noise with Vortek Kit

I would guess the vortek spring is slightly larger in diameter than the stock spring, I would possibly suggest install an inner piston sleeve so the cocking shoe doesn't directly contact the spring but not sure how this would work with the vortek sleeve as I don't recall how far into the piston the vortek sleeve goes when cocked.

Does it do this while cocking or only after its cocked and your returning the barrel to close the breech?

I would guess the vortek spring is slightly larger in diameter than the stock spring,

Not likely since vortek springs fit inside an outer spring guide. The vortek spring for my Diana 34 is .032" smaller diameter than the stock spring.The cocking shoe would only be able to touch the outside of the spring guide when cocking, not possible for it to contact the spring itself. I believe the same is the case with the HW50 based on looking at video's of that model.

Remove and then reinstall the Vortek kit. If the problem remains return the kit to them, and request a replacement. 

(As the problem wasn’t there prior to installing the Vortek kit, a reinstall will eliminate any installation errors on your part, which logically then points to a problem with Vortek).

I removed the kit and put it in again, and now the sound is gone. Bizarre, but I'm not complaining!