HW/Weihrauch HW50 and HW95 .20 or.25?

I recently sold a flintlock with the intention of putting some of the money toward an HW50s in .20 caliber. At this point I’ve got one ordered from AOA, but they don’t have a timeline for them yet, which is OK. I knew that up front. My quandary is, they also have some walnut (I love the walnut) HW95’s in both .20 and .22 in stock (at least they did in March, when I was in there). I’m seriously considering spending another chunk on an HW95 too, but I’m thinking .22 just to have a little variety. I really like the .20, but the HW95 in .22 seems to be a better choice for me with a .20 HW50 on tap. I know no one can make the choice for me, but I’m just wondering what others might do in my shoes. Thoughts?

I recently sold a flintlock with the intention of putting some of the money toward an HW50s in .20 caliber. At this point I’ve got one ordered from AOA, but they don’t have a timeline for them yet, which is OK. I knew that up front. My quandary is, they also have some walnut (I love the walnut) HW95’s in both .20 and .22 in stock (at least they did in March, when I was in there). I’m seriously considering spending another chunk on an HW95 too, but I’m thinking .22 just to have a little variety. I really like the .20, but the HW95 in .22 seems to be a better choice for me with a .20 HW50 on tap. I know no one can make the choice for me, but I’m just wondering what others might do in my shoes. Thoughts?
Get the 50s or 95 in .22 and don’t look back ! I have a HW 35 E & HW30S both in .22 and are Great! Had 2 HW 50S in .22 but sold them in Favor of HW 35E .22 which is easier to cock and shoot than HW50S .22 but it’s still shorter & Handy and accurate but Harder to Break Barrel & cock than HW 35E .22 !

I have to choose the HW95N in .20 caliber.
Although .22 would be just as good I imagine.
The walnut is so nice with the oil finish, silky smooth to the touch, I got lucky with mine and got some figure in the wood.
They are such nice rifles that it’s fun to just sit there and fondle it.
If you’re close maybe they would let you look over what they have and then pick the one you like best!

IMG_0610.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

Right now, that’s kinda the plan! 😀
That’s a solid plan! There’s just something special about a quality springer.
Even if they don’t get the one hole accuracy that some PCP rifles are capable of, they just somehow seem more alive or something.
In a way they remind me of a Kentucky rifle in that there’s a couple steps to do before each shot.
You are that much more a part of the rifle.
We are so blessed to have access to such awesome rifles and pistols that can be shot in the backyard.

Find the owners who got in on the AoA group buy for the HW50s .20's. Don't remember a single one say a single bad word about buying one and they all love their rifles. Almost did myself, then decided to go a different direction and got a D34K in .20 instead.
I have an R9 .20 (and an HW95 in .22) and it's an excellent shooter. Just me, but get both in .20, shoot away and enjoy. Also gives you an excuse to go buy another 95 (or R9) in .22 later/ You know..... just for comparison purposes and all.
Least that's the reason/excuse I'd use...lol

Find the owners who got in on the AoA group buy for the HW50s .20's. Don't remember a single one say a single bad word about buying one and they all love their rifles. Almost did myself, then decided to go a different direction and got a D34K in .20 instead.
I have an R9 .20 (and an HW95 in .22) and it's an excellent shooter. Just me, but get both in .20, shoot away and enjoy. Also gives you an excuse to go buy another 95 (or R9) in .22 later/ You know..... just for comparison purposes and all.
Least that's the reason/excuse I'd use...lol
I’m on the next run of .20’s with them, but they aren’t sure when they’ll get the order in….probably within the next 6 months. That’s kind of why I’m thinking of getting a 95n now and then getting the 50s when they come in. I’ve been thinking getting the 95N in .22 since I’d like to hunt rabbits and grouse with it. Washington (in their infinite wisdom) doesn’t allow anything smaller than .22 for them. Also, it would be nice to have more than just a few pellets available for it, to size up or down quite a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of the .20, but I think the HW50s in .20 will be enough for now. I just called AOA this afternoon and they have lots of 95n’s in stock and both calibers (30 in .20 and 50 in .22), so I do have the choice!