• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW45

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
Picked up my HW45 .20 at the post office today. Self Christmas present.
IMG_7647.jpeg
Dynamite gun. Also got some JSB Predator’s .20 cal. which I’ve never seen before.
I was hitting a 12 x 12 in. plate 47 yds. 2 out of 3 shots. Love the fibre optic sights. Not on the P1.
IMG_7644.jpeg
Already found a spot. Crow

I think you mentioned somewhere else that you also have the HW70. How would you compare these two springer pistols?
I like the 70. Fun pistol to carry, going for walk. The 45 or P1 are in a league of their own. Best springer pistol money can buy, IMO. 2 power levels. The P1 and HW80 are the two that my buddy owned that got me hooked, once I shot them. Crow

AMAZING Pistol! You did get the same one as me. I have the HW45 Silver star (your P11) in .20 as well. 20 caliber is my absolute favourite! Oh, and 47 yards, great shooting
I could give it a few more adjectives. Thanks. Ya I just picked up today. Really happy with this puppy. What a P. off, when I ordered the pistol I didn’t notice the H&N FTT in .20. Went to ordered 20 tins today, only got 9-250’s. Shipping $42. Crow

During the firing cycle, the HW45 piston moves backwards and the inertia makes the muzzle dips down, but in 'traditional' type pistols like the HW70, the piston moves forward with the muzzle moving upwards. This means that different holds might be required for the different mechanisms.

It's well known that the POI is significantly higher when the HW45 is used on half power because the muzzle doesn't dip as much as when on full power.