HW/Weihrauch HW45 with HW75 wood grip

My HW45 Black Star came with a plastic grip, but I've always preferred wood grips.
The HW75 however, had a very similar grip but made of wood .... looked like it oughta fit, right .... but the bolt holes were completely different (of course).
The good news was that it aligned to the frame perfectly so all that was needed was to drill two new holes in the bottom of the wood grip. Not trivial, a jig was needed to get it right.
But it can be done, and here it is ...

HW45.JPG

Reactions: Bandito
My HW45 Black Star came with a plastic grip, but I've always preferred wood grips.
The HW75 however, had a very similar grip but made of wood .... looked like it oughta fit, right .... but the bolt holes were completely different (of course).
The good news was that it aligned to the frame perfectly so all that was needed was to drill two new holes in the bottom of the wood grip. Not trivial, a jig was needed to get it right.

View attachment 435219
That's what I'm trying to do

Or simply make panels from some rest wood? It doesn't always have to be high grade walnut...
Here a couple of samples with Bubinga and Cherry wood.
And of course - add some paint (I often use leather paint) to lift the grains in the wood during the sanding process before oiling and polishing.
IMG_8474.JPG

IMG_8118.JPG

Or simply make panels from some rest wood? It doesn't always have to be high grade walnut...
Here a couple of samples with Bubinga and Cherry wood.
And of course - add some paint (I often use leather paint) to lift the grains in the wood during the sanding process before oiling and polishing.
View attachment 450587

View attachment 450579
I think my Black Star has a different frame .... it's much shorter at the grip

View attachment 435219
That's nice looking. Y'all got me wanting to buy a weihrauch pistol.