• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
HW44 is an amazing pistol. I have had the opportunity to shoot 3 different ones one in .177 & two in .22 in the past few months. To say the least they are Accurate. I don't think that you can get a bad one. I have owned several pistols in the past and have hunted with pistols most of my life from muzzleloaders, revolvers, single shots, semi auto pistols taking mostly deer & squirrels. The HW44 is an amazing pistol. I have been shooting them from 10, 20, 36yds outside and consistently getting 10 shots within 1/4-1/2" groups all day. A lot of groups at 36yds you can cover with a nickel or less. They are super quiet, light weight, nice triggers. Loading mag into receiver is different, but easy to get used to. Shot count seems a little low compared to some of the other pistols I have had in past years. I get 2 mags per fill of 200bar from .177 or .22cal. I am really impressed with them and the accuracy. Great pistol! Squirrels are going to be hating me this fall in the tree stand.

The HW44 is a stealth machine. I routinely shoot cans at 50 yards with only a red dot. The Burris 2x7-32 pistol scope makes it a very accurate tool.

47BA7CEF-C6D3-4ED3-A285-C57E0DCF88AD.jpeg

It becomes a different animal when you Carbine it. The problem is that in the uk the max power as a pistol is 6ftlbs. Now its the same power plant as the hw110 as you know. The carbine stock is strong stiff and effectively turns it into a small rifle. there is no reason that it cant be upgraded to 12 ft lbs but apparently not. What is the max power the 44 can be shot at in the USA.
FE67CF08-5EF9-4A05-9EF8-1168E36B9D8E.jpeg

I totally agree with you, they are so excellent that I picked up a used .22 to go with my .177 and it is every bit as accurate as the .177 is.
I like a scope on mine and to shoot off of bags. Here’s a ground squirrel target I shoot at 60 yards.
It’s using the .177 nested in bags and it’s just incredible how accurate these pistols are.
A member here actually replaced the air tube on his pistol with the air tube from the rifle and gets many more shots.
It looked great too, perhaps he’ll speak up about it.

18E53151-DC06-401B-B49F-7FDF9CED2EC1.jpeg

160D4DD7-032C-4D09-87EF-866C76E6745B.jpeg

Here's my twins. Shot count doubles with the carbine air tube. I get 40 shots from both .177 and .22. The .22 shoots JSB 16's in the 660's and .177 with JSB 10.3's in the 750's. I've not changed any settings on either. Purchased the .22 used so can't confirm it wasn't tinkered with, but I doubt it. Only down side is cutting down the plastic shroud. I checked to make sure it could be replaced if I wanted to go back to the original setup, but that just isn't going to happen.
I had a spare air tube after I put a longer Ratworks aluminum on my HW100 bullpup and finally talked myself into giving the conversion a shot. Turns out it's not very difficult. You could just leave the plastic shroud off but it didn't look nearly as good and I didn't want to lose the bottom rail. Figured it might be needed for barrel support also. I originally rigged up a way to use the Weihrauch moderator but I just wasn't happy with the way I had it mounted and wound up buying an adapter from DonnyFL to slide over the barrel and add a shorter moderator. It's definitely not as quite, but quite enough for me. If you used a longer moderator it might be just as quite. The moderators on mine are of the homemade variety. I was going to replace the steel air cylinder on the .177 with another Ratworks aluminum but since I always shoot off a bipod the extra weight doesn't really matter.
PXL_20230313_214420806.jpg

Here's my twins. Shot count doubles with the carbine air tube. I get 40 shots from both .177 and .22. The .22 shoots JSB 16's in the 660's and .177 with JSB 10.3's in the 750's. I've not changed any settings on either. Purchased the .22 used so can't confirm it wasn't tinkered with, but I doubt it. Only down side is cutting down the plastic shroud. I checked to make sure it could be replaced if I wanted to go back to the original setup, but that just isn't going to happen.
I had a spare air tube after I put a longer Ratworks aluminum on my HW100 bullpup and finally talked myself into giving the conversion a shot. Turns out it's not very difficult. You could just leave the plastic shroud off but it didn't look nearly as good and I didn't want to lose the bottom rail. Figured it might be needed for barrel support also. I originally rigged up a way to use the Weihrauch moderator but I just wasn't happy with the way I had it mounted and wound up buying an adapter from DonnyFL to slide over the barrel and add a shorter moderator. It's definitely not as quite, but quite enough for me. If you used a longer moderator it might be just as quite. The moderators on mine are of the homemade variety. I was going to replace the steel air cylinder on the .177 with another Ratworks aluminum but since I always shoot off a bipod the extra weight doesn't really matter.
View attachment 340452
40 shots would be so good. Thanks for posting about it, I’m going to look into getting the air tube.
I like the look of both guns, and 40 shots is awesome.

View attachment 340452
Where did you find the air tube?

First link takes you to the Ratworks home page, second link goes directly to the air cylinders. You can buy just the cylinder or complete with ends. I've purchased three in the last couple of years, one carbine length for my hw44 and two rifle length for my hw100 bullpups. As I said in my first post, I used one of the steel cylinders on the other hw44. I've always used the ends from the original cyclinders, but I'll warn you they are somewhat of a pain to get off. Don't over heat the end with the gauge with a heat gun, it will warp the indicator. Ask me how I know:mad: Titanium cylinders are also available. Don't remember the vendor but I think they're sold on ebay. They are considerably more expensive.

What is the max power the 44 can be shot at in the USA.
In the USA, we don’t have power limitations on air rifles and air pistols.

In the US, could stick the 410mm barrel from the HW110 on the HW44, max out the preload in the hammer spring shuttle and shoot it at close to 30 ft lbs if you wanted to, lol.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
HW44 is an amazing pistol. I have had the opportunity to shoot 3 different ones one in .177 & two in .22 in the past few months. To say the least they are Accurate. I don't think that you can get a bad one. I have owned several pistols in the past and have hunted with pistols most of my life from muzzleloaders, revolvers, single shots, semi auto pistols taking mostly deer & squirrels. The HW44 is an amazing pistol. I have been shooting them from 10, 20, 36yds outside and consistently getting 10 shots within 1/4-1/2" groups all day. A lot of groups at 36yds you can cover with a nickel or less. They are super quiet, light weight, nice triggers. Loading mag into receiver is different, but easy to get used to. Shot count seems a little low compared to some of the other pistols I have had in past years. I get 2 mags per fill of 200bar from .177 or .22cal. I am really impressed with them and the accuracy. Great pistol! Squirrels are going to be hating me this fall in the tree stand.
Absolutely totally agree

View attachment 340452
Saweeet

has anyone changed to wood grip for the HW44?.. pl share experience if you could.

I am looking to change the grip on mine.. came across a website of Rink Formgriffe, but nothing specific for HW44.
I just got an email from Rink Formgriffe saying that my deluxe walnut grip for my HW44 has shipped. Should get it next week. It takes some effort to figure out their web site but they do make grips for the HW44 in walnut and laminate. It takes 4 to 6 weeks for them to make and ship a grip. I went to their website and went to a picture of a laminate grip for the HW44 and copied the URL. Hopefully it will take you to the picture: