HW/Weihrauch HW44 pistol leak 😪

Bought a new (to me) hw44 .22 from a member hear recently.. got a great deal on it actually.

Did not arrive leaking so I know I did something today while filling.

It is leaking from the fill port area. It slows down a lot with the fill port plug inserted but still leaks.

As far as I know, I followed instructions while filling using my hand pump. Went to 200, bled air from pump and then removed from gun. Maybe there’s another step? I noticed it a slight hiss as soon as I removed the fill plug adapter. I’m guessing I’ll have to send in.. any recommendations as to where it goes? Or anything I can try at home?

Aside from this, I love it. Very quiet and backyard friendly!

Did you try applying silicone grease to the two O rings on the fill plug? They dry out and air will leak while trying to fill. If it leaks after filling, that would be a different issue. The Orings drying out is a common issue. Keep the silicone away from the tiny air hole on the plug, but be liberal on the rings.
Have not tried that but it does leak after filling

Did you try applying silicone grease to the two O rings on the fill plug? They dry out and air will leak while trying to fill. If it leaks after filling, that would be a different issue. The Orings drying out is a common issue. Keep the silicone away from the tiny air hole on the plug, but be liberal on the rings.
if i had to send any of my HW's in, it would be to AOA !!
airguns of arizona.
just say'n...... 👍
I’m only 5 hours from there🤔

Reactions: gendoc