HW44 pistol in .22cal

I have the 177 version and it requires very frequent barrel cleaning to maintain accuracy. I assume the 22 is the same. Much like the RAW. Other than that, it's a great shooter. For the money, I'd spend a bit more and get the Brocock Atomic XR. It's a better shooter and doesn't require the frequent cleaning. Just my opinion.

Reactions: eduardo65reyes
Corvid -

Yeah I went back and forth about getting the Weihrauch, HW44 or the Ataman, AP16.

I went for the AP16, because if its more resembling of a real gun, not so much looking like a Buck Rogers space gun. Plus, there's no (VERY little) plastic in/on the AP16. And...since I have an HW100 Bullpup rifle, which has the same grip piece as the pistol, it doesn't fit my hand very well. To be comfortable, I had to remove a far amount of plastic at the lower lip of the grip so my little finger has a solid purchase. If you have a larger hand, be prepared to do some grip reshaping.

Happy with my decision getting the AP16. Best of luck on your choice.

Mike

Had a 22 cal HW44 - good/great - QUIET, 16-17 FPE at the muzzle. Shot a variety of pellets well at 10 yards. About a 1 pound trigger pull.

BAD- 17 shots per fill, loud safety click off if hunting. Bit costly. wheel mag so dry fire was capable. length was like 16" , but well balanced. Mod included.

Conclusion- loved it's operation , laser accurate to 30 yards which is all I tried it at. super quiet for backyard use. wished I could of gotten more shots per fill and a friendlier safety.

Rating- 9/10

Reactions: ksoundar
This is the only left handed PCP pistol available when I purchased it. I have the .177 version, likes the 10.65 H&N Baracudas. Bad - 20 shots per fill, loud safety. Good - 20 shots per fill, excellent trigger, very accurate. Great pistol shooting 13 fpe and weighs about 2 pounds with a red dot, air and a full magazine. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

I got a .177 first and liked it so much that when a good deal came up on the classifieds for a .22 I got it too. I like the .177 better because it shoots flatter than the .22, but the .22 is just as accurate and would probably be a better hunting pistol. They are quiet and powerful and very accurate. I think you would be impressed with one. Also there’s a person on here who installed a air tube from a HW100 rifle onto his HW44 and now getting many shots per fill. I plan on doing it to the .177 at some point. Awesome pistol for certain. I like to use a rifle scope on mine and shoot with the gun nested in bags and it’s easy to hit flys at 25 yards.
E28E48DD-C250-4335-9F0E-5B4E94E94E50.1653393142.jpeg
5CC5EB45-1345-41DF-B7F5-2FE8A863EEA8.1653393143.jpeg

Reactions: Animalcub7907