• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW44 in 177

I picked this pistol up used and when it arrived I cleaned the barrel and went through 3 different red dots. Eotech was TOO big, I had a mid range one can't remember the name but it didn't keep zero at all....Then I grabbed my old Fire Point and the magic arrived. I shot a few different pellets through the pistol, but it likes the H&N Cuda match pellets the best. JSB 10.34's are the same POA/POI as the Cuda's so in a pinch I can use those. These targets are from only 12 yards from bucket and sticks with a slight breeze. I did do a 10 round shot string with a high of 719 and a low of 705 with an average of 710 ES was 14 and STD was 4.2...The 10 ring is 3/4 of an inch and the entire black is 1.5 inches.

IMG_6031.1644102265.jpg
IMG_6030.1644102274.jpg
IMG_6033.1644102285.jpg
IMG_6034.1644102292.jpg

Hey Rsfrid, was that shot off hand or using some sort of rest? If off hand, even at 8 yards, sign you up for the Olympics. :~) In any case, IMO, Weihrauch makes some amazing airguns, relatively simple, reliable, crazy accurate, almost boringly so, not overly powerful but exceptional at what they do so long as one does not exceed their designed purpose. Meant to last a lifetime and passed along if one has someone to pass them to. Happy and straight shooting everyone!

Overall length of the pistol with moderator on is 19 inches...The barrel length with moderator on is about 15 3/4 and without moderator the barrel is just under 10 inches so if these are the proper rules I got off the AAFTA Handbook -- Official AAFTA Rules (Last Updated 21 November 2021) then it appears you would be good to go without moderator on. Now I have been wrong before, but I hope this helps.

Tony P.

1. Air pistols only. The maximum caliber is 0.25.

2. Muzzle energy limited to 12 foot-pounds.

3. Barrel length is limited to 15 inches including any attachments to the muzzle (e.g. moderator, or flip compensator). A wooden or other barrel-friendly dowel will be used to determine the length of the barrel, as measured from the tip of the barrel or muzzle attachment to the breech-face.

4. Fore end depth is limited to a maximum of 3 inches, measured from the center of the barrel to the lowest part of the gun forward of the trigger guard.

5. Attached cylinders at the rear of the Pistol are not allowed.

6. Overall length including any attachments must not exceed 25 inches.

7. No shooting jackets, slings, harnesses, or other bodily supports. Clothing or shooting gloves worn by the shooter must not restrict hand or body movement.

8. No shooting sticks or mono/bi/tripods.

9. Kneepads may not exceed 1 inch in thickness. The intent is to allow comfort, and not an extra form of support.

10. Sandbags, knee risers or butt stocks are not allowed.

11. Scopes maximum magnification of 12x. Variable scopes capable of greater than 12x are not allowed. Clicking is allowed.

12. Seats up to 6 inches high allowed.

13. Time limits may be enforced.

14. Any shooting position is allowed so long as the pistol is fully supported by the competitor. Hangytanks are allowed but cannot contact the ground or shooter’s anatomy while shooting.

15. Distance 10-35 yards

16. Kill zones sizes shall be 0.5” to 2” in diameter.

17. Forced Offhand (Standing) Shots: Pistol is held solely by the hands, and may not contact the arms, body, or any other kind of support.

18. Eyecup contact with the face is permitted.

19. Classes: AAFTA requires at least one sanctioned class for a legal match. Other classes may be added if desired. Sanctioned classes are: A. Limited Class: Rules as defined above. B. Hunter Class: Rules as defined above, but no turret adjustment allowed during the match (no clicking.). Any form of seat without back or arms support may be used. Monopods, shooting sticks, or bipods may be used, with the same restrictions as described in the Hunter Division Rules.

20. Standard Common Division Rules apply

Hey Rsfrid, was that shot off hand or using some sort of rest? If off hand, even at 8 yards, sign you up for the Olympics. :~) In any case, IMO, Weihrauch makes some amazing airguns, relatively simple, reliable, crazy accurate, almost boringly so, not overly powerful but exceptional at what they do so long as one does not exceed their designed purpose. Meant to last a lifetime and passed along if one has someone to pass them to. Happy and straight shooting everyone!

Just saw this. It was rested. My offhand is shakey at my age. I moved on from National Match Bullseye to air pistol. I used to shoot in the 280s while shooting National Match. My current goal is a one hole group of 10 shots.

Hell Gerry the red dot already covers the black at 12 yards...There would be a lot of Kentucky windage needed 😂

Tony P.

Don't "cover" the target with the dot !

Put the target on the "top" of the dot, so you can see both the dot and the target.

Or, get a more modern dot sight with a 2moa dot.

I've got two of these, they work really well - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1023390954?pid=816247

Mike