HW44 fast as I can

Results of my Saturday 10 meter - under 1 minute, magazine dump group = top left target.
My HW44 is set with a red dot
No flyers just me
D55F3BAE-7789-44B8-805F-0E2F646121BC.jpeg

Nice group! The HW44 is perfect with a red dot, good for 50 yards with my eyes. I chronographed my HW44 last weekend. I found out that they need about 20 or 30 seconds between shots to be really consistent fps-wise. Doesn't seem to affect the POI. I keep thinking it would be the perfect pistol to tether to a 2900 psi tank. UNLIMITED SHOTS!

Nice group! The HW44 is perfect with a red dot, good for 50 yards with my eyes. I chronographed my HW44 last weekend. I found out that they need about 20 or 30 seconds between shots to be really consistent fps-wise. Doesn't seem to affect the POI. I keep thinking it would be the perfect pistol to tether to a 2900 psi tank. UNLIMITED SHOTS!
Your reply explains some of what i have been thinking. I do dislike be a right handed shooter with the magazine advance/cocking lever on the same right side as my trigger finger; i have to come off target completely to prepare for the next shot. Still fun.

I had a Trijicon RMR 1MOA mounted for a few days (1 tin and change), like the tiny dot better for precision work vs. 2 and 3's I have tried.

If you can find one, a 1MOA Trijicon SRO is very nice (more glass). Not sure the value equation works when you put it up against the latest competition.

1661908896036.png

Moved the RMR back to a PB, not the best look but it sure does the job

1661908861105.png

Reactions: Gr8Recreation
Cool. Appreciate the link. Looks like a good option. Have you looked and compared 2MOA vs 3MOA?
I never compared red dots, I picked this one because of the reviews. The vector's dot is small and bright. At 50 yards when the red dot is aimed at a soup can, it would take six or eight red dots stacked up vertically to equal the can. Maybe two or three rows worth to completely cover the can. There is no magnification but the glass is very clear, like a Polaroid camera filter. For the price and features it is worth it.

Reactions: Gr8Recreation
That’s really helpful and appreciated. With an astigmatism, it’s been a challenge to keep the dot small enough to be useful. I’m going to try the vector based upon your post. That HW44 is such a fantastic pcp with just the plain iron sights, so adding an optic that’s an improvement and doesn’t break the back is quite the feat!

That’s really helpful and appreciated. With an astigmatism, it’s been a challenge to keep the dot small enough to be useful. I’m going to try the vector based upon your post. That HW44 is such a fantastic pcp with just the plain iron sights, so adding an optic that’s an improvement and doesn’t break the back is quite the feat!
The Frenzy showed up today. I ran it and will keep it. It feels like a decent quality optic, and you were correct on the dot not being too large, even despite astigmatism. I do wish that upon holding the down button, it would click off if held from the intensity you had it at before deciding to turn it off. I could see where it would be possible to think it’s off but still in the lowest setting. Last, you will need 2 tools for mounting and adjusting W/E. Man, the W/E adjustment screws are f’n tiny. Other than that, it’s a nice accessory for the price $82/ebay. Once again, thanks for the recommendation, Bud. That info really helped!

Reactions: maxtrouble