• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW35e with Cheek Piece Riser.

Getting a repeatable eye placement has been a little dificult on my HW35e. I've been trying out this Amazon riser with good repeatable results. So far so good.

riser 2.1643593250.jpg

riser 1.1643593470.jpg

It is such a beautiful figured stock that I'll be a sin to chop it up. The riser is pretty stiff. It doesn't move.

Had those same thoughts when I cut mine, scared as gell to start would be a better description!!! However....no wood was damaged other than the small narrow cut by the band saw blade. Didn't even finnish the cut surface, instead used flat black on both cut surfaces, had numerous compliments on all 3 stocks I cut. Made a huge difference on cheek weld, and the nice walnut still looked nice!!!

Juan, you have an exceptional HW35 stock. I know you won't cut it. I wouldn't. Would find another stock first. I saw that gorgeous wood! Nicest 35 I ever saw. It is that nice!

Show the pictures of that beauty you shared in a previous post, please.

I believe medium height rings would solve the problem that high mount created. That gun was not made for a high set up, it has a low comb. Take the sights off. You can't use them with the scope anyway. Mount the scope low. The gun will fit you better. 

AirShot. How did you make it adjustable? I would like to see it.

I drilled up from the bottom two 3/8" holes, but be carefull to stop about3/4" after your cut line. Made a simple mount from scrap lumber to hold stock while sawing. Cut out the cheek on a band saw with a really sharp blade. The cheek piece now will have 2 blind holes, install 2 pieces of aluminum rod and tap them in, should be snug so check drill size before drilling. Lightly san any rough edges, then coat the cut urfaces with flat black paint. The two rods will line up to the stock as they were drilled all together. I found some black fiber/ rubber washers with 3/8" holes at hdwe store, just added what I needed to get the right height. Enough friction it never moved, but have saw where some guys added some fancy lock screws. Planning on doing this to my current TX but havent had much time with wifes health issues. Have some pics of my old TX with the adj cheek pc that I will have to dig out. Also did an R1, for a friend and another Tx for a customer. Will post when I find the pics.

Juan, you have an exceptional HW35 stock. I know you won't cut it. I wouldn't. Would find another stock first. I saw that gorgeous wood! Nicest 35 I ever saw. It is that nice!

Show the pictures of that beauty you shared in a previous post, please.

I believe medium height rings would solve the problem that high mount created. That gun was not made for a high set up, it has a low comb. Take the sights off. You can't use them with the scope anyway. Mount the scope low. The gun will fit you better.

Hey Karl, I know the mount is not ideal for this gun. The thing is that the barrel droop is so severe that I can't zero the current Leupold scope with fixed mounts. It runs out of clicks. So either I use a different scope and max out of the vertical setting or I use an adjustable mount, which is the way I went about it. Another option could be bending the barrel up but for obvious reasons for me that out of the question. All suggestions are welcomed.

I think it’s a beautiful stock that deserves to be used as it was designed. I will be putting a diopter on mine. I have plenty of scoped models anyway. I don’t have a diopter in .22 caliber. AirShot has a good procedure to make it adjustable if a scope was in the plan.

That is a beautiful gun JAMz. What caliber? Did you recently get it? AOA?

AirShot. How did you make it adjustable? I would like to see it.

While tryin to find my pics, I see someone else did the same thing in the TX 2.5 post....expand his pic of his TX200 and you will see his adjustable cheek piece, mine is very similiar just a slightly different shape. Mine followed the curve of the pad a little closer.

Ok, Why not bend the barrel like everybody does. If droop is really bad do that in conjunction with the shim and epoxy fix. That might be the fix you need and still have a very attractive rig. That fits. Do you know how to do the epoxy with a release agent? That's how I did my scoped HW55. I used 2 piece Hawke or UTG medium height. I forget which off hand. Works well and won't mess up your scope tube.

Beeman used to come with barrel angle marked on the box so you didn't get a "surprise"