HW35E vs HW50S

The 35e is a quality built air rifle. Walnut stock, great finish. I have one and its' superb. The other HW rifles are well built, but I find they feel "cheaper".

The 35e comes set up for a sling and it's not all that heavy. I find all other HW's to feel "cheaper" in both build and function to a minor degree.

If I had my way, I'd build a rifle that was a scaled down hw90, having a WALNUT stock in the form of the Hw95lux and w latch and sling swivels of the 35e.

I read allot of guys don't like the 35e's barrel locking latch. I love it. Best feature ever for a field rifle. If you were going to use a good scope, perhaps the 35e isn't what you want. the stock is designed for irons.

Reactions: Zut and Jonnes
I've got 2 HW30S's, the HW97K and for ratting during daylight the HW35E. Excellent piece of kit, and with the sling no problem tossing it around all day. The barrel locking mechanism is one of the primary reasons I use it as a hunting rifle. And I'm no youngster myself (well over 50). If it's too heavy for you, work out more. ;-)

Oh, they're all .177 by the way.

IMG_7227.jpg

Last edited:
I have hw35e and it’s a great rifle. .22 I shoot the rws hollowpoints. I have a peep sight on it and a vortek pg4 awaiting install. It is very different from my hw 50s. The 35e feels elegant and luxury when I’m looking at it or holding it.

For easy carrying I would typically choose my hw50s or hw95k. Reason is they are both more compact and lighter. I’m able to park my vehicle and take a quick shot or 2 while pesting so light and compact is nice. Hw35e will be to be fancy when I go out like a suit.

What type and size targets? It'll reach 50 yards. With a seasoned springer shooter a good 177 35 should be able to hit 1" target at 50 yards. It won't have much energy when it gets there.
Thanks what I wanted to know. I plan to shoot NRA Silhouttte animal metal targets that are placed at 50 yds for the rams. I have a disability form from the NRA so I can shoot sitting (this competition is performed offhand), even a heavier gun is not a problem.
Well my problem was solved. I purchased an HW95 Luxus in .177 and a tin of H&N Field Target Trophy Pellets from AOA.

BTW, the reason I bought the 95 is that I contacted Krale and AOA and they didn't expect to see any of the 50 S until March/April from e-mails they sent me.

Last edited:
Thanks what I wanted to know. I plan to shoot NRA Silhouttte animal metal targets that are placed at 50 yds for the rams. I have a disability form from the NRA so I can shoot sitting (this competition is performed offhand), even a heavier gun is not a problem.
Well my problem was solved. I purchased an HW95 Luxus in .177 and a tin of H&N Field Target Trophy Pellets from AOA.

BTW, the reason I bought the 95 is that I contacted Krale and AOA and they didn't expect to see any of the 50 S until March/April from e-mails they sent me.
You're better off with the 95. The additional power will come in handy at 50 yards. The 95s are a wonderful gun. Congratulations on a fine choice.

Reactions: drjjpdc78