• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch HW35E spring ?

Quenching : nobody said anything about temp's ? i always heat the oil up to 175 to heat treat . From cherry red to room temp can produce brittleness .
No need for quenching!
Those collapsed coils are no longer in play so need for any tempering. Just grind flat again.

I would just think some of the heat would make it to the coils that are doing something.... I may be wrong but I was just a thought.
Only the red hot area is going to loose its tempting! As far the compression chamber I think there was some problems with the end plug where the transfer port is. Leaking around the outer edge! Not sure of the fix for it! That factory spring in that rifle should be producing around 12fpe! What does you seal look like?

You're converted leather-seal piston is part of the problem. They are slightly different dimensions compared to a modern production synthetic seal piston. That could explain some of the preload difference and also the low power due to a shorter stroke.

Also, the leather seal guns have big 4mm transfer ports, and some had leaky tube issues. Both of these things can contribute to lower power vs a new production 35.

What brand and style of piston seal are you running?

I've had issues with deep lip parachute seals on 30mm guns. If they are oversprung even a little, the seal can have a lot of braking force and rob a TON of power.

On the flip side, a cup face seal needs a really good dimensioned tube and proper sizing to be at its best.

I'd take it apart one more time, and cover the transfer port and push the piston down and see if it is mostly air tight. That's a start.