• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW35 vs HW50?

Thanks for the informative discussion. Im learning a lot by the experienced air gunners here. I have a Beeman P-3 and I recently purchased a Crosman 2300S but I almost got a rifle. I definitely see getting one in the near future Im really enjoying shooting the air guns vs rimfire/centerfire for a few reasons. I was thinking maybe the HW35 but you gentleman have me looking at the 95 now :unsure:.

Reactions: fishing43
That's advertised weight. I had both guns in 177 on an actual scale with the same scope and rings with no open sights and the Hw35 was over 9.5 lbs and my Hw50 weighs exactly 9.53 lbs.. As I unfortunately didn't make note of how much over 9.5 lbs the 35 was, it was still over 9.5 lbs. That's two whole pounds in my book. It's foolish to accept advertised weights and velocities. Btw both gun wore standard beech stocks.

There's no way a 35 is inherently any more accurate than a 50. I'll take my 50 against anyone's 35.

The manual barrel lock lever operates on the same principle as the spring loaded wedge. It's a opposing angles under spring tension.

The only advantages of the 35 is the silent operation of the locking mechanism and the easier cocking.

Every one has their favorites but let's get out of internet land and keep this real.
MyCapt, does your 50 weigh 7.53 pounds? May be a typo above (9.53 pounds).

Thanks!

Factor your size into your decision too. Im a small guy (5'7" and 150lbs) so the 50S fits me like a glove. The 35E and 95 are very comfortable to hold as well, but my tiny arms greatly appreciate the size and weight of the 50S. If you're taller/better built, the HW95 may fit you better than the 50S does. Just something to concider.

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
Factor your size into your decision too. Im a small guy (5'7" and 150lbs) so the 50S fits me like a glove. The 35E and 95 are very comfortable to hold as well, but my tiny arms greatly appreciate the size and weight of the 50S. If you're taller/better built, the HW95 may fit you better than the 50S does. Just something to concider.
Thanks sqwirl'. I'm 6'2" and 180#. That said I've never been bothered by smaller guns. Actually for squirrel hunting's elevated and overhead shots, a shorter length of pull is REAL handy.

Thanks for the good suggestion!

MyCapt, does your 50 weigh 7.53 pounds? May be a typo above (9.53 pounds).

Thanks!
Nope my Hw50 weighs exactly 7.53 lbs with the same Sportsmatch T02C rings and 2-7x32 Vantage IR scope that I weighed the Hw35 with. I borrowed the same scope and rings to test the tune on the Hw35. I stand by my numbers.

The scope I normally use on my 50 is even lighter. It's a Vantage 4x32 non AO. That package weighs in at 7.2 lbs. It's a nice working gun that it's beauty lies in its simplicity. Light, accurate with no stupid AO adjustments to slow down target acquisition. Best working squirrel combo I can come up with so far. It's a blast at the airgun range because I can whack a target at ten yards and immediately swing the gun to a beer can at a hundred and whack that too with no adjustments. Anyone that says two pounds doesn't matter doesn't leave a bench.

Reactions: Flintlock
Look you're a good guy and I respect you as a person and usually your opinions. I'm a brass tacks guy. I don't let favorites come to play. When I give reasons, they're backed up by experience and a pretty solid mechanical background. I don't peruse the internet for information and parrot information that others do. I'm not saying you do. I'm saying there's so much out there that is baloney parrotted by keyboard experts it's hard not to fall into that trap. I'm relatively new to this stuff but I won't open my mouth unless I can prove what I say. I'm just tired of hearing the same garbage repeated by people who read and type. I don't type until I actually do something. I keep my mouth shut until I have the enough experience to comment.

One of the wisest things I've heard was, "well people like what they have". It's human nature to do so and there's nothing wrong with liking what you have. I wish we did, all of the time.

I'm more pragmatic than most and I can and will back up everything I say from actual experience. I keep my mouth shut otherwise.

Be well

I call this the internet echo chamber, and I would agree that too often it isn’t supported by evidence or first hand experience.
R

Thanks MyCapt'. I read your post as though your HW50 weighed exactly 9.53 pounds. Thanks for clearing that up. As a hunter, I know that a pound or two is a huge consideration, at least for me.

Best regards.
Thank you for pointing out my typo. I did write my Hw50 weighs 9.53 lbs. That is wrong. My bad. I'm sorry for the confusion. I went back and corrected it to 7.53 lbs. The last thing I want to do is add wrong information to the internet. Thanks again for asking for clarification.

Be well and enjoy which ever gun you decide on.

Ron

Reactions: Flintlock