HW35 rebuild ?

I have the Maccari kit in my .22 35E and its putting out 13fpe with a Vortek piston seal. The 30S spring would probably fit but keep in mind its meant to only pull 7fpe with (I believe) a 25mm piston. The 35E is (once again I believe) a short stroked 30mm piston. The factory spring in the 35 is quite a bit bigger than the 30S for that reason. It needs to snap quickly to build pressure and get it up to power.

Reactions: beerthief
Wondering if a HW30 spring would fit an HW35 ? probably a whole kit install ?
You're gonna need a heavier spring. The standard HW35 spring looks like a shorter version of a HW80S spring.
The HW35 spring guide is too big to fit inside the HW30S spring. Further, the HW30S spring would be extremely lose fitting inside the 30mm piston + you would have about a 5 FPE gun when finished - if you could do it, so NO - just buy a HW35 kit from Vortek, ARH or buy a spring from ARH.

I have the Maccari kit in my .22 35E and its putting out 13fpe with a Vortek piston seal. The 30S spring would probably fit but keep in mind its meant to only pull 7fpe with (I believe) a 25mm piston. The 35E is (once again I believe) a short stroked 30mm piston. The factory spring in the 35 is quite a bit bigger than the 30S for that reason. It needs to snap quickly to build pressure and get it up to power.
SO option #2 just buy an HW 30 👍 Thanks everyone

just curious why 3 ? different year models /stocks because all in .177 . Maybe load all 3 for a fast shoot ?
My first one was a plain Jane Hw30. I loved shooting it with both peeps and scopes. I got tired of flip flopping between sighting systems so when AoA put the laminate version on sale it was a no brainer to get it. I scoped it and keep the peeps on the other. I use and enjoy the one with the peeps more.

The third Hw30 is actually my wife's gun but I bought it and care for it. I got it for her when the ammo prices went nuts a couple of years ago. We used to make a few trips a month to a range to shoot powder burners so this helped us continue shooting together.

All 177 because I think 177 is the best caliber for this model rifle if you want to it shoot past 30 yards. Many times I've shot my peep sighted one at 50yds and the scoped one to 100+yds. I'm not talking groups here. I'm talking about tin cans and spinners here. I don't usually shoot any of them for groups past 25yds. I have other air rifles for that.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😁

20210425_155718.jpg

My first one was a plain Jane Hw30. I loved shooting it with both peeps and scopes. I got tired of flip flopping between sighting systems so when AoA put the laminate version on sale it was a no brainer to get it. I scoped it and keep the peeps on the other. I use and enjoy the one with the peeps more.

The third Hw30 is actually my wife's gun but I bought it and care for it. I got it for her when the ammo prices went nuts a couple of years ago. We used to make a few trips a month to a range to shoot powder burners so this helped us continue shooting together.

All 177 because I think 177 is the best caliber for this model rifle if you want to it shoot past 30 yards. Many times I've shot my peep sighted one at 50yds and the scoped one to 100+yds. I'm not talking groups here. I'm talking about tin cans and spinners here. I don't usually shoot any of them for groups past 25yds. I have other air rifles for that.

View attachment 320325
Hi Mycapt,
What peep sight is that? Looks very nice.

View attachment 320325
Thanks , i like all 3