My wife finally got a chance to try her HW50S yesterday. Shooting with the stock iron sights at 10M. This gun shoots really well at that distance. At least it did after I re-attached the front sight that fell off after 9 or 10 shots! Guess I should have checked that screw when I checked the stock screws ha ha. Screw actually seemed to still be tight, not sure of maybe it wasn't seated properly on the dovetail? Reattached and Loctited now so should be good. AoA sent the wrong caliber pellets with the gun so I had to run down and buy some and ended up with Crosman .22 domed pellets. They were really, really good in this rifle. I seem to remember someone posting they were using the Crosman HP in theirs. Might have to see how those are for varmints, and will be interesting to see how the JSB exact compare to the Crosman. Kim is in love with this gun, had a big grin on her face the whole time. She's about 5' 4" and petite and the size and weight are good for her. For the OP, this gun takes more effort to cock than my HW95 does, particularly right before it locks. She can do it fine but needs to put come force on it from the jump so she has a little momentum when it's near the end of the cocking cycle.

Reactions: Bolillo
My wife finally got a chance to try her HW50S yesterday. Shooting with the stock iron sights at 10M. This gun shoots really well at that distance. At least it did after I re-attached the front sight that fell off after 9 or 10 shots! Guess I should have checked that screw when I checked the stock screws ha ha. Screw actually seemed to still be tight, not sure of maybe it wasn't seated properly on the dovetail? Reattached and Loctited now so should be good. AoA sent the wrong caliber pellets with the gun so I had to run down and buy some and ended up with Crosman .22 domed pellets. They were really, really good in this rifle. I seem to remember someone posting they were using the Crosman HP in theirs. Might have to see how those are for varmints, and will be interesting to see how the JSB exact compare to the Crosman. Kim is in love with this gun, had a big grin on her face the whole time. She's about 5' 4" and petite and the size and weight are good for her. For the OP, this gun takes more effort to cock than my HW95 does, particularly right before it locks. She can do it fine but needs to put come force on it from the jump so she has a little momentum when it's near the end of the cocking cycle.
I used JSB 22 caliber in my PCP’s. They are incredibly accurate in them. (got out of PCP’s). They do not shoot well out of any of my many 22 caliber Weihrauch’s. I mainly use Crosman Premier Hollow Points.

Reactions: sekiar
Visual cue indicators to indicate the vintage... An adult sized and heavier 50 with barrel locking latch. The main buyers are the older crowd that find it difficult to use the 95 or 97, due to cocking effort or too much energy, and don't want a PCP... Or those airgunners that just don't have one with that feature, yet... A niche market for sure.
I love the HW35E because it exudes quality; that's why Beeman decided to go with Weihrauch as the manufacturer of his R1 in the early 1980's.
Beeman may have been a marketing/propaganda expert, but he wasn't stupid and understood quality.

The HW35E also has a faster shot cycle and capable of more power before becoming harsh, un-like the HW50S. The easy cocking is just a perk, but I've never considered the HW95 or 97 hard to cock either.

Now, if I just wanted a all day hunter -> HW50S.

HW35E1.JPG

HW35E2.JPG

HW35E3.JPG

I used JSB 22 caliber in my PCP’s. They are incredibly accurate in them. (got out of PCP’s). They do not shoot well out of any of my many 22 caliber Weihrauch’s. I mainly use Crosman Premier Hollow Points.
Good to know on both counts. Because I just got my replacement pellets for her gun and they sent 5 tins of JSB Exact Jumbo instead of Jumbo RS ha ha ha. Keeping them because they shoot well in my HW 95, so I now have 3,500 of the dang things. Might try a few and see just how fast they come out of a Maximathor.

Next time anyone e-mails Weihrauch. Ask for better quality wood in their springers. Everyone likes the Walnut, so do I. I’ve seen some gorgeous rifles on this post. But in all honesty I think Weihrauch is putting us springer guys at the bottom of the pile. I’ve posted this before, a Weihrauch Rim fire with a beautiful stock. I know it’s a Rim fire but it’s a Weihrauch. 24811549-752A-40DD-A15E-6F6EC3DA67E1.jpeg4AF899DF-D566-448D-AB5B-62C479EAE054.jpegEEE4DBC3-B519-4818-B0BC-392C91CD0859.jpeg74F93973-CA6A-4FE3-9692-D7AA517A1FB3.jpeg I’ve got 2 35e’s Walnut, looks nothing like this.
You really can’t beat the quality of a Weihrauch. They need to upgrade their stocks, IMO.
My HW50’s are all very accurate. The 35’s, not sure, haven’t spent enough time on them. Crow

Yeah, I've already got 3 of them, but B-of-G's pics make me want another ..... its a little different.
Save one me! I may get another too. The 35E is the best looking springer made today. IMHO. I don’t have one in 177. They are the last of the Weihrauch traditional airguns. The last Weihrauch with a Walnut stock. Best out there for the money. And for how long?

Last edited:
I don't understand why their not more popular with Kids, their brains have been overwhelmed by marketing for (black) tactical guns/gear.
Multi-round guns that shoot at blazing speed instead of a quality, piece of art ...... gun that will last.

Also B-of-G, get the .177 HW35E ... IMO the best caliber to own.

Try 7.87 AA or JSB's

Reactions: Zut and Bolillo
Sorry Zut. I hope you did not get the last one. You have a dandy coming. Pellet selection will depend on its purpose. What are you mainly going to use it for?
Oh I am trying to learn how to shoot spingers for accuracy and occasional squirrel/crow pest control. I really just enjoy shooting in the backyard. Probably not going to carry in the field much.

So I suppose accuracy is most important.

I hope I didn't get yours!!

Zut

Reactions: Bolillo