Oh I am trying to learn how to shoot spingers for accuracy and occasional squirrel/crow pest control. I really just enjoy shooting in the backyard. Probably not going to carry in the field much.

So I suppose accuracy is most important.

I hope I didn't get yours!!

Zut
For pest control and general backyard plinking it is hard to beat the good old USA made and very inexpensive Crosman Premier Hollow Points. Wally World about $6.

Does the standard model hw 35 have the groove and if it does not then can someone post a pic of the new standard ?
Here is good comparison picture that I found online. It shows the difference between the 35 Beech stock and the 35E Walnut stock very clearly. Weihrauch is putting a dark stain, oil finish on the Walnut stock also. Makes it look quite “vintage”.
FF3E883A-364E-40AD-8166-8AE8B44C96B0.jpeg

Reactions: sekiar
My son is restoring a 1965 Ford Falcon Futura. I asked him why not 60’s convertible like a Firebird or Mustang. He said his generation do not like convertibles. Go figure.
if top down your hair will blow in your eyes and makes it hard to text . Really just joking your supposed to laugh

Does the finish on the barrel hold up well under repetitive cocking? As in 1000’s of cycles. Or haven’t you shot them that much. Beautiful guns!
I have not shot my shot my HW35 as much as I need too. I think it may need to be detuned for lower power and or need to find a heavier pellet than 10.34. Shoots like a magnum and accuracy is not to my liking.

I'm actually starting to like the new designed stock but wish the name weihrauch wasnt etched in it.....I think we all know the brand and its stamped on the metal already
Could not agree more! I have a checkering tool and have thought to remove it. Still may. I saw this online today. Mine does not have it. I think this is a European picture. I hope it isn’t coming here.
5C95BB21-13D0-48EB-B359-C345548666CB.jpeg

I have not shot my shot my HW35 as much as I need too. I think it may need to be detuned for lower power and or need to find a heavier pellet than 10.34. Shoots like a magnum and accuracy is not to my liking.
Did you buy it new? Have you ran it through a chronograph? Can’t imagine it acting like a magnum unless it has been modified.

Last edited:
Reactions: maxtrouble
Could not agree more! I have a checkering tool and have thought to remove it. Still may. I saw this online today. Mine does not have it. I think this is a European picture. I hope it isn’t coming here.View attachment 277643
Jeez Guys,
We're really nitpick-en here!
The checkering idea sounds like a bad one.....

Last edited:
My wife's HW50S is still considerably harder to cock than my HW 95 Luxus and the shot cycle is a little harsher too. She shot mine yesterday for the first time and said, "Holy cow" when she cocked it. Her gun shoots beautifully. I took a 20 yard shot yesterday off hand and it center punched the target but that's when I really noticed the buzz. Just wondering if this this typical with the HW 50 because of the shorter barrel and lighter weight or if it will settle down as it's shot more. 60'ish rounds through it.

My wife's HW50S is still considerably harder to cock than my HW 95 Luxus and the shot cycle is a little harsher too. She shot mine yesterday for the first time and said, "Holy cow" when she cocked it. Her gun shoots beautifully. I took a 20 yard shot yesterday off hand and it center punched the target but that's when I really noticed the buzz. Just wondering if this this typical with the HW 50 because of the shorter barrel and lighter weight or if it will settle down as it's shot more. 60'ish rounds through it.
I have about 800 shots thru my .22 caliber HW50S. I purchased it about 2 months ago. It's just as hard to cock has and same buzz I had on the first shot. I still see smoke coming from the barrel at times.

Pretty harsh shot cycle. I find my accuracy imporves with the stocked pulled in tight to my shoulder with a light grip on the pistol grip. That seems to dampen the shot cycle a bit.

No galling while cocking, and it is smooth.

Accuracy seems to be improving or my shooting is getting better. I can get 1/2" to 3/4" groups at 20 to 25 yards with a Leupold scope that has parallax set at 100 yards. That makes it hard to really test accuracy with this scope. New Hawke scope coming this week.

I like the rifle but not sure how long it takes for it to settle down.

Cheers
Zut

Zut, if after 800 shots you still see smoke coming from the barrel and still getting a buzz in the shot cycle I would take the rifle apart and remove the factory grease. Then go ahead and use a "black tar" on the piston spring and use moly paste on the rest of the internal parts. You would also probably want to check the piston seal for damage.

Reactions: Mycapt65
Zut, if after 800 shots you still see smoke coming from the barrel and still getting a buzz in the shot cycle I would take the rifle apart and remove the factory grease. Then go ahead and use a "black tar" on the piston spring and use moly paste on the rest of the internal parts. You would also probably want to check the piston seal for damage.
Hi Moog,
Thanks for the advice. I sent the gun back to AoA last month due to poor velocity and they said it had a cracked seal. They replaced it and returned it. They said they were getting 580 fps with 5.53 FTT's I can't get above 508 fps here at 2900ft elevation. I will call them in the morning to see what they say about the smoke.

The good news is I should receive my new ,177 caliber HW35E tomorrow. :p