HW35 any good?

Looking at purchasing this NIB HW35 in .177. I don’t know much about this gun. Seems people like it on YouTube, but I don’t trust them all that much. Thoughts?
4B88C132-F729-43D9-9DD5-77501CCE942B.jpeg

The Weihrauch HW35 is an heirloom quality springer, and is a great air rifle. Typically shooting ~12-14 FPE, this break barrel rifle is an accurate tried and true model that is fantastic for target shooting and small game hunting.
Although, the one that you've included in the picture does not look NIB -- depending on the price, I'd say it's definitely worth considering.

Hope that helps.

It also has a different front sight from that of the model offered in recent years. I do not know when they went to a globe front sight but that one apparently precedes that change, or is either an aftermarket sight.

Is it good, yes, I have a very new e model, just a 35 with a walnut stock. A rather classy looking rifle, I injured my left hand so am having a little trouble with the latch, but as the hand improves it gets easier to unlatch, plus I used a little moly grease and that slicked it up quite a bit. I have an Anschutz diopter rear sight installed and it's perfect with the factory front globe sight. The gun is extremely accurate, and well balanced for offhand shooting which I am beginning to prefer to shooting off a bench.

Its a great gun and easily one of my favorites. Brand new from Krale they run a hair under $400 for the standard version. The 35E in walnut runs about $450 new. That should give you a good starting point. These guns pop up for sale on here pretty close to new prices pretty often so I would be happy with $350 shipped. Anything less than $300 is a no brainer if it's LNIB in my opinion

Reactions: beerthief
The front globe sight has been cut off to open it up. So a new front sight is around $60. If the box is original it would show the gun to be a newer model. Earlier 35’s had a breech leaking issue. Probably not this one but who knows. eBay brings the most for these and it’s about a $300 gun there. Tops. If the gun is not buggered up anywhere else I would suggest $250. It is a great gun to own.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Get a brand new one from Krale and avoid potential headaches that commonly come with used guns. Personally I like the Hw50 over the 35. The Hw50 is comparably powered. If you're interested in your first Weihrauch springer I think the 50 is the best choice. So get either gun new. Used guns are often other people unloading their headaches. Not always, but more often than not.

I bought the HW35E from Krale a few months ago. Great gun, you won't regret getting one. Krale has the Beech model in stock for $339.00 plus $52.00 shipping. I received mine in 3 days.

Unless you have to have the finger groove I would just get a new one. The new style stock is pretty easy on the eyes and the checkering on the forearm makes it easy to grip.

It is very accurate with H&N Field Target Trophy's

Z

HW35E.jpg

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
What would you all pay for a used one? Seems like this one has an unknown history. Owner died and a friend is selling. Comes in a box, but doesn’t mean new in box. It looks like it may have a few mods like the front sight. Looks like a beech stock?
The stock is Walnut. The gun is the HW35E. It runs $400 at Krale brand new. Shipping is around $50. No sales tax. The stock alone is worth $200+. Mainly because its not made anymore with the groove. It is a rather plain piece of Walnut however. If you can get it for $200 then you are not risking anything.

What would you all pay for a used one? Seems like this one has an unknown history. Owner died and a friend is selling. Comes in a box, but doesn’t mean new in box. It looks like it may have a few mods like the front sight. Looks like a beech stock?
"friend is selling " ? is this local to you , maybe do a Face to Face deal is best option

The front globe sight has been cut off to open it up. So a new front sight is around $60. If the box is original it would show the gun to be a newer model. Earlier 35’s had a breech leaking issue. Probably not this one but who knows. eBay brings the most for these and it’s about a $300 gun there. Tops. If the gun is not buggered up anywhere else I would suggest $250. It is a great gun to own.
I can see that it looks like that. Mine takes different inserts, so if that is what happened on this one, I wonder what the front sight post is and how is it installed. Even if that is what happened it looks like a decent thought out mod.