HW30S Urban Pro

I am not sure where to post this. I have a dilemma. (I have a lot of dilemmas, but this my newest one.)

I ordered a HW30S .22 Urban Pro from Airguns of Arizona. It was delivered last night. I unpacked it, mounted the scope and sighted it in. At 15 yards, it is amazingly accurate. I am not exaggerating. From a rest, it puts H&N Field Target Trophy pellets in the same hole. I did not expect that. Here's my dilemma. I was so busy assembling and shooting the rifle that I did not notice that the stock was plain. No checkering. It is supposed to have a checkered stock. It even says so on the invoice. Supposedly, the rifle was shot over a chonograph. How could the person shooting it not notice that it had the wrong stock?

The label on the box says deluxe. The serial number is correct. The barrel is marked HW30K, not HW30S. I don't know if that makes a difference. 

I do not want to send it back, but I am mildly pissed that I didn't get what I paid for. What to do?

Rather surprised you havent yet addressed this issue with the dealer prior to posting this but...

There had been a mistake on HWs end on AoA's last shipment that was beyond their control and all plain stocks were fitted from Weihrauch instead of the deluxe.

If you call Darren at AoA He will be expecting your phone call right now.

Even He couldn't believe you weren't offered a $20.00 discount at the time of purchase.

They inspect all if their guns prior to shipping to customers.

There will be 2 options.

1- $20.00 Discount rebate

OR

2- Swap the stocks with a deluxe that they just got in stock.

The barrel is marked HW30K because the Urban Pro uses the shorter carbine barrel, to which they then attach the moderator. Consequently the barrel specs are incorrect on Airguns of Arizona's web page for the Urban Pro. They have it listed as 15.5" when it's actually closer to 12" (plus the moderator). I think it's mildly misleading, probably unintentionally, but they should stop calling it HW30S and correct the specs in my opinion.

None of the above should be construed as a complaint about the rifle or AoA. I absolutely love my HW30 UP. With the right pellets it shoots like a damn laser. I routinely put 10 shots in one ragged hole at 18 yards and I don't consider myself to be a very good shooter, honestly. And AoA has been nothing but helpful and professional toward me personally. It's a pleasure doing business with them.

While we're on the subject of HW30 stocks, there are apparently at least 2 different lengths of the Deluxe stock. One is longer and covers the cocking arm (see photos). Mine has the shorter stock. I like the look of the longer one more.

@DML908 If you could, please let us know which length of stock they send you. I'm just curious.

1598891696_146385485f4d26b0943ce9.23834194.png
1598891706_15170169955f4d26bac8e606.20232292.jpg

While we're on the subject of HW30 stocks, there are apparently at least 2 different lengths of the Deluxe stock. One is longer and covers the cocking arm (see photos). Mine has the shorter stock. I like the look of the longer one more.

@DML908 If you could, please let us know which length of stock they send you. I'm just curious.

1598891696_146385485f4d26b0943ce9.23834194.png
1598891706_15170169955f4d26bac8e606.20232292.jpg

I believe all Weihrauch branded deluxe stocks for the HW30 don't cover the breech block. The bottom pic (with the breech block covered) looks like the standard stock. 

The Beeman branded version (the R7) has a Deluxe-style stock that does cover the breech block. 

I finally dug out my folding shooting bench and cleaned off the dust and spiderwebs. I set it up at 15 yards. It wobbles a bit, but it's better than nothing. The target below in 10 shots.

Am I pleased? 😁😁😁 The only thing that I might change in the future is a more powerful scope. The scope that came with the it is 4X. I think that my old eyes could use a little more power. 

IMG_3031.1599427851.jpeg