HW/Weihrauch Hw30s iron sites shooting low

Hello. I just got my first Hw30s this week that I ordered through Krale and I am very excited. I just took it in the backyard to try to zero it. I am a little frustrated, I have the screw in the rear site all the way up where I can’t adjust it anymore for elevation and I am still shooting about 2” low at 10 yards. I only have a hundred or so pellets through it. I am shooting crossman premier 7.9gr hollow points. Some fit into the barrel easily, some are tougher, not sure if that’s an issue. I also smell some smoke like smell when o shoot sometimes.

Any thoughts? I planned on keeping it with iron sites, don’t really want a scope. I took the rear site off and put it back on, took the gun out of the stock and reassembled and still the same. Try different pellets maybe? That just seems very low to me.

Thank you for any help.

I just went and tried the lollipop site after putting another hundred rounds or so through it. Seem to be getting better results now.

I’m going to get though this tin of pellets and see what I get.

I’m not positive which number the rear site is at since I unscrewed it to take it off. It is currently on 8 after I put it back on. I was debating maybe getting one of the Williams peep sites if i didn’t get what I wanted but after my test run a moment ago im feeling better. I think I also need to get used to a proper hold on a springer. I had multiple bullseyes and then some consistent low ones.

Reactions: .20calguy
i think just shoot it for a while let it break in , oh smoke ie the grease they put into the barrel to store and ship , it will wear out in a while OR you can clean the barrel . Only use pull though soft patches Patch worm is the best product and no chance of ruining the breach or crown . Cheap and fast delivery .
Stan in KY

EDIT: you said you changed front sights ? what was the original ?

I think you're on the right track.
I would shoot it from the bench and see what you've got. When you do that, have the rifle support under the ballance point, and use a light grip and clean trigger let off.
If it shoots low the rear sight has to go up, or the hooded front sight down. If you get good results switch to hands with your elbow supported, with a similar grip, using the left hand under the balance point, and not really grabbing the gun tight. By then youll have the tools for offhand.

Congratulations! That is a nice little riffle!

I hold my springers with what i would say is a non hold . buth hands are just touching the gun no force applied , just enough to hold study and apply the trigger. Same in the shoulder . Letting the gun do its thing .

EDIT: maybe a shim under the rear sight screw will give you the adj. you need ?

Reactions: SoCalAirrifles